Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever go to the BBB in Fayetteville, Arkansas? we were thinking of riding down this year for the first time, looking for any input on do's and don'ts or must see's.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I went back in 08 or 09. Beautiful area to ride, but bbbq is more about the party than riding. You will still be able to ride, but there will be a ton of other bikes on the road, just like sturgis and the other big rallys. I like that area much better when it's not a rally weekend. The pig trail was pretty torn up when we were all in that area in April for the road glide bbq run. The roads to the east and north were in much better shape.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Great place to go. The riding in the area is fantastic. Not crowded and every road is great. Quite a few vendors throughout the town and surrounding area. Dickson street is where everyone goes at night. Alot of good bars and music. A constant parade of bikes at night including a bunch of high revving Jap bikes that think its cool to bounce the rev limiter. Overall a great place to visit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It sounds like a bike event. It would be my first long ride and large rally. Sounded like a smaller event then Sturgis but with some vendors and a bit of party. Thanks for the input, we still have not 100% decided on it yet.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
If you MUST go to a "rally", if you like to party, and if you get all googely eyed over a parking lot full of vendors that we've all seen before, and a parade of bikes in the street. DO IT.........
Having been to Sturgis and a couple smaller events, I wasn't terribly thrilled.

My advice?? After now visiting and riding the area 3 or 4 times, pick a weekend when there's nothing real special listed on the Eureka Springs community calendar and go then. Or go a couple days during the week if you can swing it.
The area is a very nice place to ride with a lot of interesting roads. You can ride 2-3 days and still not hit all the roads.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I went in 2008. Too many people for me. Can't drink on the street and all bars are jamb packed elbow to elbow. If you like crowds you will love it. Like the others say, go ride the area when the event is not there. Good riding.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
BB&BBQ is whatever you make of it, just like Sturgis or any other rally. Dickson St. and immediate surrounding areas are packed full on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. But there are other activities in outlying areas like the Washington County Fairgrounds, Baum Stadium and the Walmart AMP. I'd recommend coming in a few days before the official weekend craziness, or staying a couple of days after. That will afford you some beautiful riding opportunities.

Open containers are a supposed "no-no" out on the public streets, but for the most part local law enforcement is pretty relaxed unless you're being a jack-ass. You won't see any public nudity though.

The "Pig Trail" has been repaired, but there are lots and lots of other beautiful highways and byways to explore. I've lived in NWA since 1982 and can still find a stretch of road that I haven't seen before.

Since you have family in the area, I think the decision is a no-brainer personally. If you decide to come this way, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my contact information.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Go

It's a nice event and growing fast. Hotels will be a problem this late. We just ride up on Friday and come home on Sun morn. but we only live in OKC so quite close.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts