Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a reminder to all of our previous visitors and some of you that may be planning on heading our way this year.

Bikes, Blues and BBQ 2015 is scheduled for September 23 through September 26.

Don't miss this great rally. It still flies under the radar for the most part, but your rewards for finding this little gem are numerous. You'll have access to some of the nicest rides in the country, great food, fantastic music and plenty to do between the various venues set up around the county. Hit downtown Dixon Street, the beer gardens, the fairgrounds, the stadium etc. and then when you're ready for some great rides you can head out in about any direction and find some of the prettiest country in the nation.

If you head this way, have fun, have a safe trip and enjoy your visit!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
My son and I are headed there for the first time. Really looking forward to it. Going to stop at Kansas City for the steel toe tour at the H-D factory on the way down!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I think the days of BBB flying under the radar are way over, there's very little hotel availability left....especially in favorite rally locations like Eureka Springs etc. Though the weather is pretty iffy in those parts that time of year rain wise it is a great rally and there's some very good riding as has been said!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't think it has been under the radar in a long time. If I go this year it will be a day run. Motel hotel accommodations are slim to none unless booked months in advance. My father in law goes every year. He makes his reservation for the next year before he leaves during the current event. Best option if reservations weren't already made is camping and even sites can be hard to find.

You can expect things to be packed in Fayetteville and Eureka Springs. If going to Dickson Street best to park several blocks away and walk. Extremely slow going down Dickson and hard on the clutch. Make sure wherever you park your bike it is locked up including the forks. Several were stolen last year including one of the guys that went with my father in law.

If I go I hit the vendor area by the fair grounds. The parking lot there will be loaded with riders bikes to look at. I would rather see those then the endless pool of choppers that all look the same with a different name. I make a pass through there and then head back home.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Pig Trail Road Closure

FYI for anyone coming in from the Southside - the Pig Trail is closed 16 miles North of I-40 (2 miles north of where route 215 intersects 23).

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm going to try something different for nightlife this year. Tired of being a sardine on Dickson and all the crotch rockets bouncing on the rev limiter three feet from my head. I want to relax with a beer and listen to a band. You guys know of any good places? Anything from Fayetteville to Rogers to Eureka is fine with me.

·
Registered
169 Posts
leaving on wed,all day ride out and about on way to bentenville.then the jack daniels ride Thursday.leaving on sunday.hopefully i'll run into the texas crew and anybody else.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
My son and I just made it back from the rally in Fayetteville a couple hours ago. The rally was great and Dickson Street is one crazy place. The roads in the area are fantastic in every direction and motorcyclists are catered to in the area. We spent a few extra days touring around Arkansas, Oklahoma and Missouri before heading back to Iowa. On the way down we took in the Steel Toe Tour of H-D in kansas City as well as some great BBQ at Oklahoma Joes. All around a great week on the road!!!!

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Wife and I rode down on Thurs to Eureka, spent the evening with some RG friends.
Spent maybe 2hrs at the rally venues Friday morning, MEH......I can only look at some may T-shirts, sunglasses and jewelry.
Many of the aftermarket vendors are same ones at J&P's open house, same stuff every year.
Wandered through the HD display/demo area, more than one of the staff there were very close to be just plain rude.
Dickson street, again, more t-shirts and funnel cakes.

So, off to Rogers we went, stopped at Pig Trail HD, ate, wandered around a bit, headed back to Eureka, met up with Mr and Mrs Zman again for a couple drinks. Heade off for dinner and hit the sack.

Saturday we took off to Mt Magazine St park, awesome ride down Hwy 21 to the park, and then headed back up parallel to I49 and then NE back towards Eureka for the night.

Sunday we were on the road before 5am for the 10 hr ride home.

Great weekend, too bad we're not really the rally types, get alot more out of the ride than the destination I guess.
It's an awesome are to ride and explore, we're planning on making it to the area again next summer, just not during the rally.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts