Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sharktoberfest Meet-Up Oct. 15

Sharktoberfest

I'm volunteering to organize a shark meet-up at Biketoberfest in Daytona on Saturday, October 15, 2011.
See my note below.

Here's the agenda:

10:00 a.m. Meet at the HOG Pin stop across from the old Harley dealership, 290 North Beach Street. The old Daytona Harley store is being turned into a museum. Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=290+North+Beach+Street,+Daytona+Beach,+FL&hl=en&sll=29.189521,-81.063759&sspn=0.011371,0.017359&z=16

11:00 a.m. Depart for the Ormand Loop ride.
The Ormand loop is a route through Tamoka State Park. The first part runs though the park, the last part runs along the coast.

12:30 p.m. Lunch at Longhorn Steak House across from the Speedway.
2504 W International Speedway Blvd

2:00 p.m. Go to the vendors at the Speedway. There's a section for American bikes near the corner of Int'l Speedway and Midway Avenue. The entrance and parking are on Midway.

3:30 p.m. Depart for Destination Daytona.

6:30 p.m. [Optional] Dinner at the All American Club in Edgewater, FL, 20 miles south of Daytona.

6:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. [Optional] Over on Main street the Endless
Summer Street Festival & Block Party....the street will be blocked off for the street party & they'll have fireworks off the Main St. pier.

Participate as much as you like. Look for my yellow jacket at any of the stops. Send me a PM with your name, handle, and cell phone number if you plan to attend so I can tell the restaurant how many to expect.

Note: I had surgery in mid-August. A couple weeks later I came down with pneumonia. I'm still recovering. I can't lift more than 10 lbs for 6 weeks, so it will be awhile before I can ride. The meet-up is NOT off. faststan (Stan) has agreed to lead the ride. He lives in the area and is familiar with all the stops. If I can, I'll drive over and be there for the start and the lunch.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Count me in Tim, I'll send you a PM with contact info.

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hey Tim - thanks for arranging this. I'm working some magic now to see if I can't get down there from the great white north of NH. Any recommendations for accommodations? Cleanliness, proximity to rally events, and price are my priorities in order. I want to be able to enjoy the nighttime events without having to worry about riding back to the hotel afterwords in less than "optimal" condition, if you get my drift.

Thanks a bunch,

-al.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any recommendations for accommodations?
I don't have any recommendations. I have stayed at the Super 8 and The Suburban Extended Stay. Both are near the Speedway.

This late in the game you will find expensive rooms closer to Daytona. You might try in the Deland/Port Orange area. Lots of places are booked up.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Can count me in if I am not working. We are having our outage (power plant) during the month of Oct. I will know my schedule in a few weeks. Would really like to meet some members.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Flag

Anyone know where the RoadGlide.Org flag is? Any chance someone could bring it to Biketoberfest?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I'll email you info , I'll be there with the wife

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is shaping up to be a great turn out. We have 10 yes and 2 possible. If you haven't done so already, please send me your name, cell phone, and email so I can get in touch with you if there are last minute changes.

I'm going to add a dinner restaurant. I'm checking out a place near the Speedway. We'll have a full day of events so you can join in for as much or as little as you like.

Thanks for such a positive response.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks for your work organizing this event Tim!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I'm volunteering to organize a shark meet-up at Biketoberfest in Daytona on Saturday, October 15, 2011. Here's the agenda:

10:00 a.m. Meet at the HOG Pin stop across from the old Harley dealership, 290 North Beach Street. The old Daytona Harley store is being turned into a museum. Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=290+North+Beach+Street,+Daytona+Beach,+FL&hl=en&sll=29.189521,-81.063759&sspn=0.011371,0.017359&z=16

11:00 a.m. Depart for the Ormand Loop ride.
The Ormand loop is a route through Tamoka State Park. The first part runs though the park, the last part runs along the coast.
Y
12:30 p.m. Lunch at Longhorn Steak House across from the Speedway.
2504 W International Speedway Blvd

2:00 p.m. Go to the vendors at the Speedway. There's a section for American bikes near the corner of Int'l Speedway and Midway Avenue. The entrance and parking are on Midway.

3:30 p.m. Depart for Destination Daytona.

Participate as much as you like. Look for my yellow jacket at any of the stops. Send me a PM with your name, handle, and cell phone number if you plan to attend so I can tell the restaurant how many to expect.
....then from 6pm to 2am over on Main street the Endless
Summer Street Festival & Block Party....the street will be
blocked off for the street party & they'll have fireworks
Off the Main St. pier :)

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Bikini Contest

Uhmmm we need to coordinate what time we're at the Speedway because the Hooters Bikini contest is Saturday in the turn 4 midway area of the Speedway. Can't find the time though....FINS UP!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts