Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to upgrade my audio, I have already changed out the HU with a Sony DSX310 Bluetooth, hertz 6.5 hcx 165 high energy and need to add amp. My two choices, BT 2180 and the Arc 125x2. Any of you folks have experience with these amps and if so, what is the preferred.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I know the Arc is a good amp, I have no experience with the Biketronics. There are a lot of other amps out there, any certain reason your only choosing between the two you listed?

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
Why does it clip? Mine is doing that now.....
It has to do with the type of power supply used, main reason I went with Hawgwired. If you had a bigger battery, or could supply more power to it, it wouldn't clip as often. Question for the OP, what problem are you having with the SS and FM? I'd be interested to know.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
clipping sucks, thats for sure, and RF noise isn't really acceptable

I'd just install the best amp that fits - biketronics is a superior product - in the hawg wired class of amps - but kinda big - where the hawg wired shines

I think the biketronics is pricier because of the bracket needed, cool part is you can laser jet anything you want on the faceplate for an extra $100

I see you didn't mention the PBR300x2 - which is much better than the PBR300x4 - those full adjustable crossovers make a huge difference

anything with a fully adjustable crossover will help - 6.5's by nature can't handle a full source - even 2 pair - even components - and when your amp tries it ties up all the power resources and clips - more to it than that, but that's my experience, moving the striking signal of the speakers up above 80Hz let's you bring the overall output above the 108db mark, and achieve what the speakers can achieve.

so anything with a rotary crossover dial, imho

1 - 7 of 7 Posts