Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the biketronics set up with the 6" rounds for the lower fairings.
Although it sounds good. I am thinking I want better lower speakers.
Suggestions? within reason...

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Most of your sound is going to come from your fairing speakers while in motion.

I can tell you a few choices:

Hertz spl show 6.5s
Focal 6.5s
Alpine SPR 6.5s

The Hertz and the Focals are quite pricey, but sound the best. The Alpines sound really good for about $200/pair.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sharknose. I was looking at the same speakers. The amps I have are pretty good, but I am looking for more clarity at volume.
Appreciate the input..
Most of your sound is going to come from your fairing speakers while in motion.

I can tell you a few choices:

Hertz spl show 6.5s
Focal 6.5s
Alpine SPR 6.5s

The Hertz and the Focals are quite pricey, but sound the best. The Alpines sound really good for about $200/pair.

·
Registered
590 Posts
pretty good

Good quality amp is or more important than good quality speakers. Is the way I understand it. Maybe somebody can confirm.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Good quality amp is or more important than good quality speakers. Is the way I understand it. Maybe somebody can confirm.

I'd say they are equally important. If you have a great amp, crappy speakers won't reproduce the sound, if you have a crappy amp, great speakers will reproduce the crappy signal coming from it.

Add to that, good grounding and a good audio tuning "guy". Most of us don't get the most out of our system because we lack the ability to tune it correctly. So we buy more high level equipment because it sounds so much better straight out of the box. Me included.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts