Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I about to order al my parts for new install,what is the consensus on which install kit is the best? thanxs

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
You can't go wrong with either one. I personally prefer Hawgwired, but I know some people choose Biketronics because it has AVC.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Had hawg wired in the last bike, BT in this. I prefer the BT it seems to work better, no setting of dip switches, and no issues. The BT 7.1 speakers are really great too. FR amp in mine. Thus, I prefer the BT.

I really like the guys at BT too. Super nice and willing to take as much time as you need. They will go way out of their way for you.

·
Super Moderator
5,847 Posts
I went with BT. Been running it almost 3 yrs and no issues. I like having the AVC. Also have one of their load equalizers. There again, no issues.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I prefer the HW , I don't use AVC and the HW install kit is all metal and quality built , no wood shims

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hawg wired here. I won't ever buy another biketronics part as long as I live. I had a bad experience with Bill and biketronics. Hawg wired stuff WORKS and looks great!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'm going to be following this. I just got a new stereo for mine along with Hogtunes speakers and amp. What are the part numbers for each of the kits mentioned above? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I went Hawg Wired in mine, great material, and great people to deal with. Mine setup has seen a fair ammount of miles and various weather, and zero issues. I highly recommend the HW. Honestly you are probably going to get a pretty fair split of opinions between the two.

Here's a link to my stereo build: http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=32722

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
hog pro what do you mean "no settings of dip switches".....?

It's very very easy to set up. It's 4 little switches that you turn off or on depending on what head unit you use. What's cool about hawg wired is if you but a sony head unit and later down the road you decide to use a alpine head unit you don't have to but a different controller like you would have to do with the biketronics crap. All you have to do is follow the instructions. Very easy.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I went with the Hawg Wired cause I couldn't find anything negative said about them unlike the Biketronics kit.

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
I about to order al my parts for new install,what is the consensus on which install kit is the best? thanxs
If your talking about the actual install kit....I HIGHLY recommend the sidecarcycles install kit. It is the cleanest. I used it along with the Hawg wired handlebar controller with my Sony radio.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so im going with sidecarscycle install kit and the hawgwired adapter ,being able to switch decks and using same adapter is main reason im not using biketronics,knowing me I might have a few different head units in there,wont have head unit for a few weeks but when I do ill let you know how it all fits together

·
Registered
967 Posts
Like to have options so Hawg Wire. No big deal if you have few deep switches for adding configuration and flexibility.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
The Hawg Wired controller unit has dip switches you set the positioning on depending on the brand of head unit that are using. BikeTronics just plugged right in. The reason I got the HW last time was that it got better reviews but it used to turn the volume up all the way by itself on occasion which was extremely annoying.

I prefer a plug and play unit to making phone calls regardless of how good the customer support is. No issues with BT unit as of yet.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Just wait until you have a issue with biketronics. Yea there is a warranty but you have to pay for the shipping to and from biketronics and then you have to wait for them to feel like refunding your core charge. It my case I had to pay a $50.00 core charge and $6.00 for shipping to me and then pay another $8.00 to ship it back and then two weeks later the replacement controller takes a dump and then I had to pay shipping to and from again. And after all that I had to ride their ass to get my core money back(the 50 bucks). It was great! Great customer service!

Both controllers lasted 2 weeks. Swapped all the biketronics stuff out for hawg wire and everything worked perfect.

·
Registered
26 Posts
hawg wired

I have had both. Also had Boom and Hog Tunes.. In my opinion JL are the best and Hawg Wired are 2nd. I have Hawg Wired with their amp and I love it. It is clear and loud at 80 mph.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts