Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm totally confused reading all this stuff about aftermarket radios. I know there are a ton of posts on this but I've spent the better part of two days reading everyone's back and forth about sitting at the kiddie table and all the other dissing :)

So here it is.....

I don't want to spend a pile of cash on this project but I also want something that's pretty much plug and play. Oh and I want it to sound good, retain my handlebar controls, and be compatible with my Hogtunes amp and speakers.

Is the PAC SWI set up plug and play or is there wire cutting involved?

I've read the biketronics set up has some annoying lag time, is this true?

Haven't found any negative feedback on the Hawg Wired one.

I'm hoping to have everything I need to complete the job once I start it but don't want to take my fairing off until I'm ready.

Probably going with a Kenwood deck, don't really need CD capability and will use my iPod and/or Android phone.

·
JMJOHN
1,038 Posts
I can only tell you that the Jensen replacement radios for the 98-2013 Harleys work very well for all of the customer installs we perform all across the USA each year, from the J&M audio demo trailer ,,,,,, and are pretty much all plug-n-play ,,, see http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JENS-HD1BT ,,,,

you can purchase them from J&M here http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JENS-HD1BT OR from various retailers on the internet ,,, by just doing a simple internet search ,,,,

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I have the SWI-RC. Works very well however is not plug and play. I soldered the PAC to a Scorshe harness.
Then you program it. Works very well but took some time to hook up.

I hear the newer PAC controller is plug and play.

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
I'm on my second bike with Hawgwired, I'm happy, no issues at all, definitely plug and play.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
I have the SWI-RC. Works very well however is not plug and play. I soldered the PAC to a Scorshe harness.
Then you program it. Works very well but took some time to hook up.

I hear the newer PAC controller is plug and play.
The PAC I bought last year plugged right into the wire harness included in the Scosche install kit. You do need to cut one wire in the oem wire harness and ground.
Like John said. The New Jenson is nice. All plug & play. NO handle bar interface needed. I Just installed one a few months ago in my buddies Bat wing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts