Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a full face for the winter, not much of a full face guy, had a shoei years ago hated it, heavy and not my style, but I like this biltwell, looks old school going to try one on this week at a indy shop by me, any of you guys have one, looks like a pretty decent lid for the money, any info is appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have one. Love it. Had a Scorpion that I used for years. Very heavy compared to the Lane Splitter. Air flow into the helmet is nice. Only piece of advice I’d give; take the chin flap off as soon as you get the helmet. It rubs

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool thanks for the tip, I like it , especially because of the good visibility and light wieght everyone speaks about.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My local bike shop didn't have biltwell helmets neither did cyclegear at least the one I wanted to try on, but I did try the Simpson street bandit and liked it alot, very similar, but want to try on the biltwell before I make that decision. Out of all the helmets I tried on the Simpson was my favorite so far, nice looking IMO too for a full face.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
My next helmet will likely be the Simpson. Love the look. I have a Shark evoline 3 now. Great helmet but th availability of a pinlock is zero. I have a universal on it now. But will be going completely full face next time.

Reactions: MisterEd

·
Registered
402 Posts
My next helmet will likely be the Simpson. Love the look. I have a Shark evoline 3 now. Great helmet but th availability of a pinlock is zero. I have a universal on it now. But will be going completely full face next time.
I had Simpson Ghost Bandit Monochrome- really liked it, except for the dring. It was just too damn short. Didn't give you enough room to get in there and buckle it. Not a deal breaker, just annoying as hell. Going to get another one, hoping it is better.
The Ghost Bandit is nice, pretty light, and not really loud.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Helmets come in different shapes. Find the one that is comfortable and snug without hot spots. Then buy that one.

I wanted a bell classic full face but it was too round for my head.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My local bike shop didn't have biltwell helmets neither did cyclegear at least the one I wanted to try on, but I did try the Simpson street bandit and liked it alot, very similar, but want to try on the biltwell before I make that decision. Out of all the helmets I tried on the Simpson was my favorite so far, nice looking IMO too for a full face.
Go carbon. Light and slight oval fit. If it ain’t Simpson I’m not riding.

https://simpsonraceproducts.com/simpson-helmets/ghost-bandit/

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Simpson bandit is a race car series helmet, does not have the same vision as the street bandit or ghost bandit, so you would be giving up some vision on the sides, the opening area around the eyes is smaller. Definitely cool looking. As for the Bell bullitt I don't care for the look personally.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Saw the lanesplitter up close today and tried it on, very comfy I will give them that, the chip strap felt a little cheap, seemed to be well made, but the deal breaker for me was the shield, definitely looks lower quality. Not bad overall but I am glad I went with my Bell Qualifier DLX instead, hands down a better helmet IMO. But lastly I will say Biltwell is a decent lower line helmet, if they improved the shield and maybe a open close funtion on the chin vent would definitely bring the overall value of this helmet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts