Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Very neat. Had a similar experience there a couple of years ago. Saw where this week a tourist tried to taunt one. Not a good idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
983 Posts
Had an alpha male charge us one year in Custer State Park. We were just sitting in traffic on the bikes, idling and he put a bead on us for some reason. One of the guys accidentally hit his horn while trying to manuever his bike, which must've scared it because it veered off about 6 feet from me and went the other direction. Needless to say, I about shit myself, as well as the other people around us. I try to avoid those animals whenever possible.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
983 Posts
They're definitely not an animal to mess with, and I hope they catch the jackass that was taunting the one. People forget that we're in their territory when we cruise thru Custer, Yellowstone, etc. They're especially protective when there's calves in the herd, and the video the OP posted sbowed alot of calves walking closely to their elders amd being protected. You guys did good by staying back and letting them do their thing. A few years ago, again in the Black Hills, we rounded a curve outside of Custer State Park ( because after the charging incident I won't go into the park on a bike again) and there they were, taking their sweet time walking in the middle of the road, just dropping piles everywhere. When they finally cleared the road, some dude in front of us on a bike accidentally hit a fresh pile, and almost lost it, but he kept it upright. Unfortunately he splattered buffalo shit all over his bike, as well as the front of mine.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
983 Posts
Yep! I read an article tbat he was arrested up in Glacier, causing a ruckus in a diner up there. Apparently this idiot was hitting all the national parks causing issues wherever he went. Article said they're looking at charging him federally for several crimes that he committed in the parks, including the buffalo incident.

Lil Chief

1 - 11 of 11 Posts