Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got mine back from them. did a 2" drop and was extremely satisfied with Ron & Rob's knowledge, accuracy on lead time, and customer service! i would def recommend their service. now im just hoping that i dont have to cut my seat to much now but i wont know untill i get my wheels on the bike.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Cool! I am really thinking about doing this. I have read mixed results so I am just not sold. I am sure it's way better than blocks, BUT how much so. I mean for the price Ron charges I could but a lower end set of Progressive with a heavy duty spring.

I am interested to see what you think of them after some seat time Swag

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! I am really thinking about doing this. I have read mixed results so I am just not sold. I am sure it's way better than blocks, BUT how much so. I mean for the price Ron charges I could but a lower end set of Progressive with a heavy duty spring.

I am interested to see what you think of them after some seat time Swag
really? i only payed $187.50. i was always leary of block cuz IMO they looked dangerous. plus i liked the fact that they used the stops in the shock so i dont have to worry about burning up my wires or paint in my rear fender. and to be honest, i was ok with the stock shocks so as far as quality im not worried at all but i will let you know as soon as i can

·
Registered
614 Posts
Yep, Progressive 412 only run about $200. The 412 in 11" have over 2" of travel.

If you shortened your shocks 2 " according to their website you only have about 1.5 of shock travel left, After setting up any amount of sag (if you can) so your not topping out all the time you will probably only have about 1" on suspension.

For me and my riding thats not going to cut it. It might be ok as a bar hopper but its got to suffer for ride quality and handling!

·
Registered
713 Posts
+1 for bitchin bagger great service and i agree with swagzilla i prefer lowering shocks over blocks. i choice the 1 inch drop for a total length of 11 inches. imo with the changes that bitchin baggers made you will not bottom out on your fender where with progressive that is a risk and i have run progressive shocks before they are good shocks but i feel the changes bitchin baggers make to the factory shock is better than progressives entry level shock.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+1 for bitchin bagger great service and i agree with swagzilla i prefer lowering shocks over blocks. i choice the 1 inch drop for a total length of 11 inches. imo with the changes that bitchin baggers made you will not bottom out on your fender where with progressive that is a risk and i have run progressive shocks before they are good shocks but i feel the changes bitchin baggers make to the factory shock is better than progressives entry level shock.
That's almost exactly what Ron said to me the first time I called. I'm excited to ride with them.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, Progressive 412 only run about $200. The 412 in 11" have over 2" of travel.

If you shortened your shocks 2 " according to their website you only have about 1.5 of shock travel left, After setting up any amount of sag (if you can) so your not topping out all the time you will probably only have about 1" on suspension.

For me and my riding thats not going to cut it. It might be ok as a bar hopper but its got to suffer for ride quality and handling!
I understand ur point but I don't think I'm goin to have those problems not to mention It was more about functionality. I'm 5'6 and had a hard time reaching BEFORE I chose to go with the 23 x 18 setup lol

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
I have a set of BBs shocks that I rode with for about 5 years (2 different bikes), before I bought my present JRIs they work fine, never had a problem.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
336 Posts
After sending your shocks off to these guys, do they ride better than stock? I've got RGC shocks on my RGU and it's rough when my wife is with me. Was thinking about sending my RGU shocks off to them and having them shortened, if the ride is better

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
After sending your shocks off to these guys, do they ride better than stock? I've got RGC shocks on my RGU and it's rough when my wife is with me. Was thinking about sending my RGU shocks off to them and having them shortened, if the ride is better

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
No, if you're looking for a better ride, don't send you're shocks to BB, they may ride a tad better, but the primary purpose is to lower the bike. What you need is new shocks.

Sent from my SPH-L710

1 - 11 of 11 Posts