Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great time this past Saturday on the ride to Wytheville Harley dealer's Summer kickoff party. The party itself was sort of low key and not alot going on. Had some live music which was cool, but only one food vendor. We hung out for a while and then hit a different ride through the mountains. On the way up we road from Roanoke, VA via Rt 460, Rt 11 and I81. On the way back we hit the twisties and mountain roads. Had a black snake jump out from the side of the road at our lead bike as we were just past Lovers Leap in Patrick County. The trip on the way back home took us from Rt 52 over to Hillsville to Rt 58, then picked up Rt 8 and then Rt 40. Took 40 over to Rt 220 back to Roanoke. Had a couple delays due to weather, we stopped just outside of Meadows of Dan at an old gas station that had some cover. Hung out and let some thunder and lightning pass (no rain). Then proceeded to make it to Ferrum, VA before the ominous clouds came and eventually the skies opened up. We parked the bikes under some trees and hung out and waited for it to pass. Then it got dry and hot fast after as we closed out a great day.

Heading to Myrtle Beach this weekend for family vacation, but I intend to ride the bike :)

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a great time this past Saturday on the ride to Wytheville Harley dealer's Summer kickoff party. The party itself was sort of low key and not alot going on. Had some live music which was cool, but only one food vendor. We hung out for a while and then hit a different ride through the mountains. On the way up we road from Roanoke, VA via Rt 460, Rt 11 and I81. On the way back we hit the twisties and mountain roads. Had a black snake jump out from the side of the road at our lead bike as we were just past Lovers Leap in Patrick County. The trip on the way back home took us from Rt 52 over to Hillsville to Rt 58, then picked up Rt 8 and then Rt 40. Took 40 over to Rt 220 back to Roanoke. Had a couple delays due to weather, we stopped just outside of Meadows of Dan at an old gas station that had some cover. Hung out and let some thunder and lightning pass (no rain). Then proceeded to make it to Ferrum, VA before the ominous clouds came and eventually the skies opened up. We parked the bikes under some trees and hung out and waited for it to pass. Then it got dry and hot fast after as we closed out a great day.

Heading to Myrtle Beach this weekend for family vacation, but I intend to ride the bike :)
No idea why the first pic is sideways, it wasnt like that when I took it and its not like that on my phone haha

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
No idea why the first pic is sideways, it wasnt like that when I took it and its not like that on my phone haha
Happens to me on a regular basis! Thanks for sharing the pics. That was a serious downpour!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice paint schemes on those bikes. I could go for that blue.
I stood there staring at that blue for a while. Was really nice. Pics dont do it justice.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Happens to me on a regular basis! Thanks for sharing the pics. That was a serious downpour!!
Yea it was. Luckily didnt sit around long. I rode back from Myrtle Beach in similar rain last summer and I didnt stop because I had nowhere to pull off. This time around, we had a chance and we took it to stay dry. haha

·
Registered
47 Posts
We stayed at the Motel right next to the Black Bear the night before their party. Walked over for a bit. Down the road early the next morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts