Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a black chrome exhaust and was going to dip my wheels in black chrome too. I know HD made black ice wheels. It's supposed to be similar to black chrome. Anyone have any pics or comments on the Aggressor black ice wheels. I always liked the simple look of those wheels. It seems they phased them out of the catalogs but they are still available online. I wonder why.

·
Registered
721 Posts

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
My old '15 RGS had Black Chrome EVERYWHERE and while it looked awesome, was a bit of a handful to keep clean and intact - I had to have a few pieces (Cow Bells, Tank Dash, etc etc) redone as certain cleaners ripped the finish right off.....BugSlide

It is beautiful to look at but just remember, the finish is a blend of Bronze and then Chrome.....so stick to soap and water and you should be fine.......and that concludes todays PSA

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My old '15 RGS had Black Chrome EVERYWHERE and while it looked awesome, was a bit of a handful to keep clean and intact - I had to have a few pieces (Cow Bells, Tank Dash, etc etc) redone as certain cleaners ripped the finish right off.....BugSlide

It is beautiful to look at but just remember, the finish is a blend of Bronze and then Chrome.....so stick to soap and water and you should be fine.......and that concludes todays PSA
So far the exhaust is holding up great. The black ice wheels are similar to powder coating so I'm thinking they should be durable. I clean my bike as much as I ride it so I don't use harsh products. I just wanted the wheels to complement the exhaust. The only other thing I want to black chrome are the engine bolts. Drag Specialties is supposed to be coming out with those soon.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
I had the stockers BC'ed and then the Bars, Cow Bells, Tank Dash and 4 point docking station along with the F & R signals - It was bad ass in the Sun and not really noticeable at night

Sometimes I really miss the beast.......130/140 was nice to have

Attachments

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
are you saying that the bugslide caused the black chrome finish to come off? that would be the first negative thing that i've heard about bugslide...

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
are you saying that the bugslide caused the black chrome finish to come off? that would be the first negative thing that i've heard about bugslide...
Yes Sir it did - I am still a fan of BugSlide but learned the hard way what it does to Black Chrome

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I had the stockers BC'ed and then the Bars, Cow Bells, Tank Dash and 4 point docking station along with the F & R signals - It was bad ass in the Sun and not really noticeable at night

Sometimes I really miss the beast.......130/140 was nice to have
Dude! Ive like got that same crack in my driveway. Maybe we can spoon sometime???

FAG!!!

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Way better stuff out there than bug slide. Blackfire, Wolfgang, Ultima, and many more, make waterless wash products that clean much better.
For that black chrome I would contact CarPro and ask them if ReLoad would work on it. ReLoad works great on wheels. Keeps them cleaner longer and makes cleaning them much easier.

By the way, that black chrome looks incredible!! Love it!!

Reactions: NorCal

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Way better stuff out there than bug slide. Blackfire, Wolfgang, Ultima, and many more, make waterless wash products that clean much better.
For that black chrome I would contact CarPro and ask them if ReLoad would work on it. ReLoad works great on wheels. Keeps them cleaner longer and makes cleaning them much easier.

By the way, that black chrome looks incredible!! Love it!!
+1 on CarPro products and as you said Reload works great.

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
Way better stuff out there than bug slide.!
I could not agree more........and the bitch of it was.......I got the Bugslide from the dealer when I bought the bike as part of the "Gift Bag".............talk about the rub

1 - 14 of 14 Posts