Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just posting a picture of my front end. Lowers and mirrors are black from a rattle can. Forks and inner fairing are catalog Vivid Black. Bars are satin Wild1 10 inch.

I'm considering painting the oem stripes black.

What do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
541 Posts
I would have agree with throttles&triggers the black is not working for me unless you are going to add more. But the bottom line is if you like it that is all that matters. If we all had the same taste every bike would be the same and wouldn't that be boring.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Gotta agree with the other comments. I think the part that throws me off is the different color lower fairing from the forks. Make them both gloss black and I think it will look better.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
This is my wife's bike. I offered to paint the lowers to match, and she said no. She likes the way they look as is.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I like it. The black almost hides them. I also like where you are going with painting the OEM stripes black too. I do agree to glossing everything to match more. It's cool IMO. Something different and if you like it, nothing else really matters.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks all.

I sold my color matched ones to my best friend for his EGC....he is really tricking it out.

I'll take them off in March when it warms up, and repaint them high gloss and clear coat.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
376 Posts
I agree, looks unfinished. In my opinion, match the lowers, or carry the color farther.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I have the same color bike. Didn't like the flat black look. We're thinking of doing the pinstripe in black this winter. Have black saddle bag latches,black trunk hinges and latches and black saddlebag extensions.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts