Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all! I have been going back and forth about this for a while and been doing my research but just haven't found anything recently about this.

I am looking to get new handlebars, I'm set on 12" bars as I am 5'11 with a 32" inseam. I don't want to be too high up, looking to be about an inch or two below my shoulders. I have a Hammock seat which from what I know puts me up about 2 inches.

I was pretty set on either Yaffe's or Wild1 Outlawz depending on rounded or chizeled, but now thinking of Factory 47 if I go with chizeled. I know it's all personal preference but want to hear and see what you guys have and think about them.

Also trying to figure out if I want to go chrome or black, as the bike it all chrome right now I don't want to look unorganized with just black bars. Eventually will get black exhaust and possibly black forks to give a good contrast, that is all if I go with the black bars. If chrome bars then keep it all chrome.

Want to hear your guys .02 cents, any pictures and opinions are helpful!

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have chrome 14" Yaffee's; I absolutely love them. I'm 5'-10" with a 30" inseam.

The 47's are a little wider than the Yaffee's.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello to all! I have been going back and forth about this for a while and been doing my research but just haven't found anything recently about this.

I am looking to get new handlebars, I'm set on 12" bars as I am 5'11 with a 32" inseam. I don't want to be too high up, looking to be about an inch or two below my shoulders. I have a Hammock seat which from what I know puts me up about 2 inches.

I was pretty set on either Yaffe's or Wild1 Outlawz depending on rounded or chizeled, but now thinking of Factory 47 if I go with chizeled. I know it's all personal preference but want to hear and see what you guys have and think about them.

Also trying to figure out if I want to go chrome or black, as the bike it all chrome right now I don't want to look unorganized with just black bars. Eventually will get black exhaust and possibly black forks to give a good contrast, that is all if I go with the black bars. If chrome bars then keep it all chrome.

Thank you in advance!
I am 5'10" with a 31" inseam. I went with the Black HD chizeled Low bars and could not be happier. Cheers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went with the Factory 47, 14 inch bars, black. Also had a few other things added, Stage III, Black pipes, breather and Tour Pak from my 2015 RGS. So you wouldn't look unorganized if you break up the chrome with a little color.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Take this for what its worth, but I fucking love the HD Chiseled Low Bars - They are about 10 inches in height and 9 inches at the grips - I run a CVO seat that has me down and back an inch in each direction and while these sit lower, I LOVE the control you have pushing and pulling the bike in and out of the corners - I am about your size, 5'11 34 inch inseam and came off a '15 that had 12 inch Tall Boy bars, same seat and my arms were straight shoulder outreach - These bars sit lower and remind me of almost a Flat Track Bar in terms of control of the bike - My shit is a Black and Chrome Combo too

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts

Thank you in advance!
I'm basically the same height and inseam as you, and went with F47 14" signatures. Absolutely love them.

Black or chrome? With your bike, I'd say chrome if you're not planning on blacking out anything near the tank/dash area.

Here's the thing about the height....even though you're thinking you're stuck on 12" bars, bear in mind that F47 measures their 14" height from the bottom of the cross tube to the point of the meathook - so...that means to the grips it's more like 12.5" rise. Also, you can roll the bars back to where they're in line with the forks or more upright, lots of adjustment on these. The more you roll these back, the lower they get and of course, more arm slack.

how do you want to sit when you're cruising relaxed? Are you a lean-forward all-the-time guy or do you want more upright/neutral position? I'm more neutral/upright style, but can kick back a bit too when I want. But when twisting the wick, I can lean forward if needed, just means more slack in my arms.

I have my bars parallel with the forks, maybe even a "tad" back from that and the grips are a couple of inches below my shoulders, and I slouch when I ride. Here's a pic of me on my bike in a 4th of July parade.

The right thing to do here to really make a smart decision is to mock up the different bars you're looking at so that you can accurately see & feel where your hands & arms will be. Otherwise, guys will make suggestions based on their comfort level, which may or may not be the same for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All great information, thank you for the pictures and comments. I ended up going with Factory 47 12" in black. I love the look and the feel, the height is perfect for me for the way I sit on my bike while I ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nice ride!! I like the black bars on that bike, and I'm a chrome guy...........

Off topic , but how do you like the seat compared to stock seat ?
I'm looking for a new seat, After about an hour and a half the stock seat is a pain in my ass:(

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is the stock seat pan, I had it redone, refoamed, shaped, and covered. So far its been different to get used too, just a different seating position, have about 200 miles on it, both have been hundred mile rides and I have not had any soreness. It was custom fitted to my ass, so i didn't expect to have any issues.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts