Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to wear a full face helmet due to the country I moved to. I'm interested in a blacked out full face helmet. I have no clue about full face's and just want a completely blacked out one.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
check out the lazer monaco. it comes with a photochromatic shield. dark when you need it, light when you don't.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: RGKen

·
Administrator
12,354 Posts
peeps will argue the point , but you can hear much better with a FF helmet , I have the Nolan N104 and it is a modular , if that makes a difference , but a great helmet

JtB

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
peeps will argue the point , but you can hear much better with a FF helmet , I have the Nolan N104 and it is a modular , if that makes a difference , but a great helmet

JtB

I have this one too Jack and I'm very impressed with it. Bought the bluetooth set up and it works like a charm.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I'm +1 on the N104. It's a great helmet. Though, if you can, make sure you can try them on in a store or return them easily. Some helmets are oval, others more round, etc etc. They all fit different.

On downside of the N104: it has the flip down sun screen, *however* it doesn't come down far enough and basically splits my vision across the middle. Still love it for the comfort.

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
Another vote for N104. Have it with the Nolan headset that plugs into the Ultra. Works great.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll have to go to the Harley shop and see what they offer.

Are you guys running like a bluetooth headset to listen to music or just from the actual bike?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I am still running with my Shoei Multi-Tec and it is the best helmet I have ever had. For tunes and comms, I am using the HD comm set that came with my '13 Ultra and it more than serves the purpose.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just bought a Bell Vortex from Revzilla in matt black and also got the transisions lens that fads to black as it gets brighter out. I love it. The fit is great and the sheild is awesome. I ride to work early in the AM (4:45 ish) when it is dark out still with a clear sheild and when I get off work and head home the sheild is blacked out, dark tint. So far it is a very nice set up and very inexpensive. The venting is great also, you can feel the air moving inside the helmet when your moving and the vents are open.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
My son had bought a bell arrow with a dark screen couple years ago. He sold his bike and I have been using it. I am satisfied. If I remember the price was right. You can probably still find them on ebay. I do have to up the volume on the radio a notch or two with it on. I'll probably and a helmet headset as I ride an ultra.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Just bought a Shoei Neotec with the darker visor and sticking with it. The ventilation is better than the N104 IMO as I have both.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts