Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, it's been a slow process and I had the inner fairing hydro dipped .. but I hated it when I put it all together as it was way too silver. The guy that did it has offered to tint the clear coat with black but he is not back at work until the 12th .. if I don't like that I will just get it painted gloss black but of course that will cost me more money so it will have to wait..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Love the black on black. Good work!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually cannot believe how easy it was to do..

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Looks killer...see you did the front forks as well...don't stop there, hand levers, saddle bag guards, etc!!!!!!pretty much what Moco did with all new specials from factory....Murdered out!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Plastidip is good stuff. And u can just peel it off if u don't like it. Kind of like vinyl wrap. But it does chip easily in exposed spots.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Plastidip is good stuff. And u can just peel it off if u don't like it. Kind of like vinyl wrap. But it does chip easily in exposed spots.
That is true, I use plastidip on my V Star 650 front forks and cannot believe how well it held up.. three year and & just over 30,000klm and it still looks the same as day one.. cleans up easy with Mr sheen.. I would have thought about 3 to 4 weeks and it would be sand blasted from riding on the road ...but no .. still looks great..

·
Registered
846 Posts
I had it on the grill of my Expedition for years and never had a chip, that shit's like a rock when applied well.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good. I want black badges too. This may be an option.
It's really easy to do.. just try it, you have nothing to loose except for the cost of the plastidip.
Make sure you do at least 4 coats, building on each coat .. if it's to thin it won't peel off correctly.. also spray the can on something to check the spray pattern before spraying the bike.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts