Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody black out there bright red Road Glide? I would appreciate any pictures of blacked out or contrasting black and chrome color schemes. I have the Hard Kandy Red on mine and I am trying to decide which way to go! Hard time finding pictures on the net. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Was wondering what brand of jack is that? Want one but would rather not have to spend an arm and a leg.
Thanks
It is a Sear pro. I have had it sense 2007 a gift.
1. It is not a J&S
2. It works and I can move any of the bikes around on it
3. It is scary at first but stable.
If you need a budget one it is great. If you want the best buy a J&S. Problem with these dam bikes is you end up with so much stuff over the years I have 3 jacks 2 dollies 2 wheel chalks. Never ends.
Just for a laugh back when they were doing all the shots with some sitting on a pit bull and a J&S and other brands to show the difference I had to do it with the Sears just because.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Another place I went Black on that bike was the back end The Fica and Black spoiler lights on the bags, also Black luggage rack. I never wanted to black it out just break it up some. Was a great bike retired it some time back.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check my build thread. new pics coming, once i get it all back together
Hey DED HD thanks for replying to my thread. I am checking out your build thread. Very nice! BTW, love your derby cover! Thought you might have put something on your fender about "a long strange trip" Ha ha

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anymore bright red bikes with some or all black trim? Just going to do mine piece by piece as the money becomes available. Just don't want to regret it later...

·
Registered
21 Posts
How tall are you? I'm 5' 11" and that windshield made a huge difference on the highway. I can hear the stereo way better and the buffeting is gone.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mine is a little darker red, but you'll get the idea.
Thanks for the picture! Very close to what I was thinking of doing. I will be more of a contrast scheme at first until more funds appear but I think I'm on the right track!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I'm ordering exhaust tomorrow or Monday so any more pics would be greatly appreciated!
On the black heat shields I used the HD ceramic coated ones. Had a few friends tried Power coated ones that did not work out long term. The factory heat shields are over a Fuel Moto 2-1-2 ceramic header.
With a touch of pig spit now and then the ceramic ones looked good for a lot of miles.
Good luck on your plan for it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts