Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone reccomend someone in Mass that can black out my front forks?
Also, what a normal price is for that? I would need them to pull the forks as well.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Also, what a normal price is for that? I would need them to pull the forks as well.
Thanks!
Doing it yourself is the cheapest way and not that hard to do....there are writeups on here ( i did one ) that list everything you need.

Goog luck finding a shop that will pull them for you.. they powdercoat stuff... not a mechanics type shop....

A lot of places won't 'prep' them right.... the area around the fender bolts and caliper have a texture to them and a lot of pc shops just blast and pc... not of of them... but a lot of them.

Talk to Joe at Willyshiny ( Willy Shiny | Chrome Wheel Exchange and Motorcycle Accessories ) to get a fully prepped set of pc lowers at a decent exchange cost.

I used Joe for all my chrome as well.... but this is about the sliders... so....

I did the chrome lowers from him.... fork are FULLY prepped and showroom finish. Best part... $217 WITH SHIPPING both ways!!! $185 for sliders and $16/$16 for shipping

The cost may have changed a bit from when I did mine....

I ordered them.... paid for shipping me the new lowers and the return label for my stock lowers.... he gives you 30 days WITH NO CORE CHARGE ( I hope that has not changed)

·
Registered
8,248 Posts
Thanks!
If you have basic mechanic knowledge, you can pull the front wheel ,fender and brake calipers and plastic dip them for a 20 dollar bill.
It's not as smooth or shiny as powder but it looks okay.

·
Registered
976 Posts
You can also get a set of take off lowers from ebay, etc, take them & get them powdercoated, then take your bike & powdercoated lowers to an indy or dealer and have them R&R them.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I originally quoted blacking out my front end thru a independent shop....with powdercoating and labor to do lower forks and upper bells, he wanted $750. Too rich for my blood.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I did mine a couple of years ago. Did the work myself. Pretty easy. Installed mono tubes while I was putting it back together

I had the powder down at Central Mass Powder Coating in Clinton. I think I paid something like $150 for the lower legs, cowbells, as well as the front and rear crash bars.
Central MASS Powder Coating -* Powder Coating Experts!!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I also went with the black power coat from Willyshiny. Great product and easy to deal with. I did the exchange myself, simple with help from the forum and youtube videos. Good Luck.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I did what lil Chief said. I bought a set of take off lowers on ebay for around $50 i had them powder coated for around $110. I bought the Arlen Ness deep cut fork boots and had my local Indy install it all for around $140. I chose the ebay route so that i had minimum riding down time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts