Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to take a trip from my employer's HQ in Blacksburg, VA to another facility in Philly. Decided to take my scooter, as the sky was clear yesterday and looks good through Friday. I hit 81 up to Winchester, then dropped onto two lanes through Harpers Ferry. Picked up 70 over to Baltimore, then 695. Grabbed hwy 1 as the dusk approached, and rode that up near Philly, then hit my hotel near the airport by 9:30pm. I worked until noon, so I had my dress pants on when I left. It got so cold that I stopped to put my rain suit pants on! It was a clear night, and only one idiot cage incident - she wanted that six feet between me and the car in front of me, as we were approaching a stoplight. She used a short right turn lane to make her move. It was somewhat impressive how she did it without putting me down, considering I was using the full capabilities of HD's antilock brake system. Skillfull or callous disregard for life? Both?
I recommend hwy 1, even though I didn't get the full visual impact as I was riding most of it at night. Much of it is two lanes and twisty on the stretch I rode. I'm not sure which roads I'll take on the way home Friday. It is forecast to be 80 and sunny, so I'm sure my path will include little freeway....

·
Registered
4,838 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Philly can be a little rough on a bike, between the potholes and trolley tracks, you can rattle some teeth loose. And I have to caution you about the Surekill expressway.
All kidding aside, it's a great town to visit. Geno's and Pat's Steaks on a Friday night always have an entertaining crowd, although I would not recommend either for a good cheesesteak.
PM me if you want to know a good place to eat, as each neighborhood has some great places to eat with a local flavor. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

1 - 6 of 6 Posts