Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy y'all. I am new here and think this is a great source for the Road Glide devoted.

I have a question about bleeding/flushing brake lines. I have a Mity Vac and was using it to bleed my brakes the other day. After reading the instructions I was ready to go. Well when I put a vacuum on the bleeder and cracked it open I only saw a small trickle of fluid come out the hose and the master cylinder drained very slowly. Shouldn't I see the hose fill with fluid? Shouldn't the master cylinder drain rather quickly? The lever feels good and the bike stops fine I am just a little nervous about what I have seen here. I am a car mechanic and an aircraft mechanic and past experience with bleeding brakes tells me my drain hose should be full. I have replaced my front pads, rotors (they were warped and locked the front brakes whilst riding), flushed out my calipers and lines, and cleaned the Pistons on the calipers. I also cleaned and rebuilt my master cylinder. I used new DOT 4 fluid and made sure there was not trash in the system that may block any passages. I also bled from the banjo bolt at the master cylinder as well. So what do y'all think?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Just did mine. I used the Mityvac and had the same experience as far as how much fluid I saw in the tube. I pumped using between 5-10 Hg. Took my time and had no issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I held about 15 inches of vacuum the whole time. Just confusing I guess. I used the alternate HD method and got a nice stiff handle!

·
Registered
9,046 Posts
With those vacuum bleeders you may not see the hose fill fast. It will be a relatively slow process. As long as the master did not empty out and the brakes feel fine then I wouldn't worry too much about it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts