Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a bit of a confession to make, and would like to ask the forgiveness of the congregation for I don't think this taste will go away until I have been cleansed.

OK, here goes.......if you have a weak heart or stomach you may want to sit down........

:surprise:I rode a Street Glide today.....:surprise:

It had to have been the worst experience I've had for many years,
It rode rough as hell.
The wind beat the hell out of me and the wife.
It felt like I was sitting on top of the fairing, and the bars were so low it felt like they were running under my ass.
The stereo sounded like crap, IF I could hear it
I had the feeling everyone that saw me was laughing and point as I went by.
I almost pulled over to get my bike back before we even got out of town!!!

IT WAS HORRIBLE!!! I promise I will never do it again!!!

I stand in front of you all asking to be forgiven on the following grounds......

As bad as it was, it was for a good cause!!
I believe I have converted a pair of non-believers.

A coworker just paid off his Street Glide and had been coveting a new CVO Street Glide. I had told him really needed to try a Road Glide before making a decision.
This morning we met up with him and his girl friend to ride a local poker run, and after the 3rd stop I offered the keys to my newly beloved CVO Road Glidefor the 40 mile ride to the next stop.

Pretty sure he'll still be grinning tomorrow morning when he gets out of bed!!!

His biggest issue right now is that he's scheduled a trip to the Rockies next month on his old clunker.

So?? Do I have to serve probation?? Will this taste go away, or does it have to wear off over time??

BTW, I converted one last month also, I didn't have to go through quite as much horror to get it done, but he is now off a Street Glide and on a '15 Road Glide.

Thanks you for your listening, it's been a long day!!!

·
Super Moderator
13,524 Posts
You did it for a good cause. You have already served your sentence having to be on the SG, lol. Yes you're forgiven, good job. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
LMAO!

It was for a good cause.... Don't beat yourself up.... say your biker penance and move one.

I have to admit... I have BOTH....

I am in the process of converting to SHARKISM and need a fix of Adrenalin while I break in the RGS... so the SGS gives me the 'fix' of WOT ( I'm a throttle junkie )

·
Super Moderator
5,981 Posts
HELL NO you arent forgiven! Everyone on here is too easy to forgive but the QUEEN has not spoken yet!!

You have committed a sin and for this you shall pay.

To cleanse your soul of this misguided sin, you must deliver your 2015 CVO to my door and leave it for a period of 2 months (60 days).

During this time, I shall ride it everyday and show it what a dedicated owner is like. I will show it the love it deserves and teach it that not all owners are just willing to jump on a BATWING at any given moment.

You know my address.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.