Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So between the last to long road trips, I managed to blow my bt7p1 faring speakers, I have the stock HU, rf pbr 300x2 and said speakers. Talked to tech support 2 times about my set up, the destorion is what killed them, they recommend me to chane my HU. But if I do, I'll lose my cb and intercom, which is one reason I bought the ultra over the custom. I am going to make sure I have the freq set as b.t suggested, and switch over to high pass instead of full on the amp and see how it goes. Curious of what others on here with similar setup are doing and how your amp is "tuned" so I will get a better life out of these speakers with out changing my HU. I have only about 3000 miles on the setup and love to blast the stereo while riding, up near 3/4 volumn while on the road for long stretches! Any and all advise appreciated!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I have the same but a Sony head unit. I have set it to high pass which makes the gain and frequency useless. It sounds good up to super loud and I have been running them for probably 15K miles without issue. I usually crank it up to about 35 out of 50 for volume while rolling the highway.

·
Registered
8,758 Posts
I have the same set up as you minus the speakers, I have $100 Infinity Kappa 6.5. I have my gain set on the pbr at 5 and the sensitivity set to full pass. So far I haven't had no problems. Yes , I like to crank the tune too.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Have Iron Cross Audio install preamp outs on your HK and you will be good to go.

Before you send the HK to ICA, ask them about your RF amp(s)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts