Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed new bars and had the front & rear light bezels powder coated and now the blinkers don't work. The rear stays bright constantly (and won't blink) and the front wont blink either (one won't light up at all). The indicators work on the dash and all other handlebar controls work fine. Need help please!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
45 Posts
Did you run the wires internal? If so I would start there. Also Did you do the powder coat and the bars at the same time? If not did the lights work before the powder coat? If they did it maybe a ground issue. If not then check your wire splices for the bar install.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I just changed the bars yesterday and then my brake light is stuck on. I disassembled the controls on that side and the switch wasn't being engaged correctly. I put it back together now it's intermittent. Maybe your switch is stuck out too.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
If you ran your wires through the handlebars check to make sure that you replaced the wiring in the harness properly.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Blinkers constantly on usually means a bad or open earth connection. I would undo all your connections again check for correct wiring and make sure all earth connections are tight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts