Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed VIEDs on the O2 sensors which involved adding a ground wire to the negative battery terminal and adding a ground on the brace between the front frame down tubes. Now my ABS light is blinking. I'm an old Shovelhead , EVO, Carburetor guy so I have a lot to learn about Fuel injection, ABS, Sensors etc. Any thoughts or advise appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
What was the ground on the frame tube for? My FL - vied-10 only grounded to the battery.
What year bike ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may have asked the question too soon - I haven't been able to ride it yet so maybe there is no problem - the Vieds I have plug into the oxygen sensors then back to the wire harness - they both have a ground wire and the instructions say 2009 and newer need to be grounded - thank you for your replies - It's 22 here today so I won't be riding it for a while

·
Registered
826 Posts
On my 10, when you first start the bike the ABS light always flashes (slowly) until you start moving.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll take it for a ride and post the results . I need to get an owners manual for it - It's a 2009 RG CVO. Thank you for the help!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well you guys were right - the only thing wrong with my bike is the nut that holds the handlebars - I've only had the bike a couple weeks so I have a lot to learn. I appreciate your kind responses very much.

·
Registered
826 Posts
well you guys were right - the only thing wrong with my bike is the nut that holds the handlebars - I've only had the bike a couple weeks so I have a lot to learn. I appreciate your kind responses very much.

Been there, done that ... I went from an 87 FLHTP that I'd had for 20 years to a 10 TC that I couldn't lower the idle on (WTF?!?). The first time the 10 decided to glitch on me...I bought an 81 Shovelhead FLTC, that I knew I could depend on..:grin:

Reactions: fitscott

·
Registered
20 Posts
Don't feel bad, that had me too first time I sat on my ABS Glide...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still a 1987 FLH with a S&S V111 and I love it but my 2009 RG is extremely nice - My Brother is getting my 87 so we can keep it in the family.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Welcome to the tank, yep the 09 CVO beasties are the best. The ABS light stops blinking once you 're above 5 mph (I think) but it's in the handbook with the beastie..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts