Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just installed my CS300 Hawg Wire Amp, installation went fine until I got to the tuning part. started with gain at zero (volume at 75% per instruction) and slowly increased gain...not even half way up and amp went lost power. pulled in line fuse out - looked ok. put fuse back in and power came back on. started the process from beginning and there it happened again. not sure what's going on ( I am not an expert at this) bad ground or connection?? any suggestion would be appreciated.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think your amp clipped during setup and when you took out the fuse and put it back you cut the power source and allowed it to reset and to power up again. The amp has a protection circuit that shuts it off if overdriven too long.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try running the radio at 75% power output using a good digital source (cd, mp3 with high mb count) to setup. The instructions that came with the amp are really detailed.

Makes sure you are in phase, meaning all speakers are pushing at the same time.

Make sure your power source is solid and that you are well grounded.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks shrap, you were correct. I had undercurrent due to bad crimp on power cable and I also relocated the ground (not a blown fuse). That did the trick...working great now:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts