Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the jl audio hx280/4 amp (Bridged) and an LOC on my 15. I had the dealer flash and it made a world of difference.

My question is: has anyone had an issue with what is best explained as "blowing the tweeters" of the speakers? They just started to sound muffled. I have had this happen twice now. Once on a set of Morel ultra integra 6.5 and now on a set of Hertz mpx 6.5.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Jcalvinm: I run that amp with the biketronics line leveler and there titan II speakers and have not had a problem.i think shark nose is right to much power to those speakers,I think the line leveler cleans the signal better than the flash. I hope your speaker vendors are making things good.if you bought on amazon you should be O.K. titan II are waterproof and guaranteed for life 179.00 made by Hybrid audio technology

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, the speaker vendors are taking care of me luckily. I am also going the BT-355 route and forgoing the flash and the line out converter i was using. I really hope that does the trick and I don't ruin another set of speakers!

·
Registered
590 Posts
JL amps are very efficient! you are pushing a true 140 watts to each channle.my gains are set just under 1/2 so far so good.good luck!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Yup! JL hx 280/4 is a powerful little amp.I have it running a pair of 6.5s I bet it could drive lowers. when I do them.not sure how I would wire them. Some day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts