Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out on a ride and noticed the key light lit up on dash with no left turn signal.

Stopped at the store, came back out, radio works, FI works, but no odometer and bike won't start.

Checked fuses, blown battery fuse. Any ideas before I get robbed by the dealer? Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
I take it you tried just replacing the fuse , and it keeps popping. Any recent mods done lately ?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I take it you tried just replacing the fuse , and it keeps popping. Any recent mods done lately ?

Yeah I tried that. It turned out to be the HD run/brake/turn module under the seat. Once I noticed the rear left turn signal wasn't on when I turned on the bike, but flashed when the alarm was set, I knew it wasn't a power thing. I started at the rear taillight and worked my way up the wiring harness until I found the culprit. Threw it away, all is well. Thanks.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Yeah I tried that. It turned out to be the HD run/brake/turn module under the seat. Once I noticed the rear left turn signal wasn't on when I turned on the bike, but flashed when the alarm was set, I knew it wasn't a power thing. I started at the rear taillight and worked my way up the wiring harness until I found the culprit. Threw it away, all is well. Thanks.

I don't hear too much about the rear run/turn/brake module going bad but I guess it can happen. I been using the same HD module since 2008 and never had a issue with it.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't hear too much about the rear run/turn/brake module going bad but I guess it can happen. I been using the same HD module since 2008 and never had a issue with it.

The module wasn't defective. My behind was! It was under my seat and I assume I shifted just right because it's busted on one side. If I buy another, it'll be the custom dynamics one that is integrated with their LED load equalizer. More functions, less crap under the seat to sit on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts