Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I installed my PBR 300X2 amp last night. I guess I left the gain to high, and also forgot to turn off the AVC on the stereo. Got on the freeway this morning and poof no fronts. Came home, pulled the fairing off, and turned the system back on. I had fronts, but 1 was terrible, it's blown. I turned the gain down, just to play with the other and it seems fine now.

So my question:
If 1 speaker blows will the amp cut out both speakers?

For a period of time, the sound would come in an out, but wouldn't stay on. After turning the bike off and removing the fairing, there was the 1 good speaker.

I just want to make sure that the blown speaker is the problem and something else isn't going on, I don't have any excess heat anywhere, so I'm thinking it's just the speaker. Will try and get more today and see.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had the same issue last Saturday with the same setup. Followed recommended settings and it still blew out the left speaker. Right is working good still. Put some used speakers in and it sounded good again.

·
Registered
8,295 Posts
It might be the auto protection kicking in on the amp. I had a similar problem with the pbr 300x2. If I played it too loud it would shut off momentary. I never did figure out why, I just moved on to the Soundstream Nano.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I installed a new set and turned everything down, so hopefully I'll be ok... We'll see.

The Kappa won't be here until the 8th, I'll put those in and move the JBLs to the rear (Un amped).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts