Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've had a lot of great motorcycle adventures since we started cross-country riding. Sometimes, though, the days just don't work out the way I envisioned them as we planned. This is one of those days. We still laugh a lot. We've learned to find joy in the face of adversity. I'm thankful the lessons learned in days like this one have transferred to real life. I'm thankful we've learned to keep singing when circumstances aren't at all what we desired. In fact - I think we trust the most and sing the loudest in the storms of life. So... bring on the rain.

https://youtu.be/2xqvBf1GA6I

UPDATE: I have a confession: this was the second day of a 17-day trip - and I put the wrong from-here-to-here and the wrong map in the original video. This was the Parkway from Cherokee to Boone. Boone to Staunton, VA was the NEXT day. Sorry... Here's the link to the corrected video:

https://youtu.be/TNmC1mY3aoU

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Great video and thank you for sharing! You have me sitting here and thinking about all of the rides that I would love to make and always find an excuse why I can't make them. Rode the Blue Ridge Parkway years ago and I've wanted to do it again... just might now!

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Liked the video, reminded me of the last trip on BRP we made, at least for about half a day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I enjoyed watching your video. My son and I took our Blue Ridge Parkway trip last month. It was an incredible time for both of us. We too saw a bear. After spotting several deer we rounded a curve and my son yelled over the Sena that there was a big bear in the middle of the road. Thankfully the bear ran up a hill and we passed without incident. On another curve that we rounded, there were people stopped in the middle of the road looking at wild turkeys.

Attachments

·
Registered
304 Posts
Enjoyed the video very much. Every one of us, infected with this disease, visions themselves on the bike. We can’t help it. Who among us pulls into the garage at the end of a trip, 2 days or 2 weeks, warm or cold, wet or dry, and doesn’t feel the disappointment that the ride is over? Who doesn’t already look forward to the next one? I have never enjoyed a sport like I do this one, and I’ve never enjoyed it more than on a Road Glide. I dread the day I can’t do it anymore, but at age 66, I pray it is still a long, long away. Nothing outside of family makes me happier.

·
Registered
247 Posts
We stayed at that same hotel the time I rode the parkway. Nice video I can't wait for this winter to be over so we can ride again.
Bill

1 - 14 of 14 Posts