Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Few pics from our ride yesterday, me and the better half hit the parkway at Fancy gap on the Va/Nc line and rode 110 miles to Linville Falls before heading home, total of 293 miles. Weather was great.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Great pics! Eight of us from Dover American Legion Riders are going down BRP on way to Tail of the Dragon this Friday. Rented cabin/lodge for a week so we can ride the area. Road captain has a new RG Custom. Probably post some pics.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The BRP is hard to beat a wonderful place to ride, outcast1 & norbj enjoy your ride the weather man is calling for some rain this week.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
One of my favorite places to ride. Try 221 which parallels the Parkway and a lower elevation, some good riding in the valley with a nice stream beside you.

As a side note, while riding Saturday from Tuggles Gap in SW VA with gr8bigdude we rode up to a closure 20 miles or so South of Roanoke and was closed all the way to Roanoke, reopening right at the US 220 exit.

This closure wasn't posted on the BRP website and was probably due to fallen trees from the severe wind and thunderstorms this past Thursday. No notice posted as to the cause or duration of the closure. Best route we saw was 221 N to 419 at Roanoke then S on 220 to the on ramp for the N Parkway.

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stickman81 thanks for the link very interesting I never really new why they constructed the viaduct instead of traditional road construction. I agree with the article that the stretch from Boone to Linville/Grandfather mtn is the most scenic section of the BRP.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
This thread is making me homesick. Thanks for sharing!!! Linville Falls is in my back yard. I went to ASU in Boone and yes, that my fellow RGers is the best piece of asphalt in America.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
406 Posts
It's funny the BRP is an hour from home and yet only ride it a few times a year,most of the time there is as much as a 20 degree temperature change from the time I leave home , to when you get on parts of the Parkway.Sometimes the weekends just get to crowded, but the Sunday before last the Mrs and I went almost 40 miles before encountering the inevitable slow poke. Ride safe and enjoy the great riding in our little part of the country.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Great pics! Eight of us from Dover American Legion Riders are going down BRP on way to Tail of the Dragon this Friday. Rented cabin/lodge for a week so we can ride the area. Road captain has a new RG Custom. Probably post some pics.
Sorry to hijack for a moment, 2 of us are headed down Sat. am for the BRPW and will connect at Roanoke,VA.later that day. PLan to be in the area of the dragon a few days also. Maybe we can connect at some point. PM me if interested. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts