Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 RGS Eagle Eye yellow
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sky Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

Wheel Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle

I've been to the Dragon and Cherohala many times over the years. Finally managed to ride the lower half of the Blue Ridge. Wow, no comparison. Incredible views at every turn. Highly recommend this road for your bucket lists. Places to eat or stay or both - Iron works grille on west end of Cherohala, Joey's pancake house in Maggie Valley, The Pisgah Inn on the Pkwy, Little Switzerland Inn NC, Boone NC, Blowing Rock NC.
We also managed to fit in rides on TN 421 "The Snake", VA 16 "The back of the dragon" and the Cumberland Gap tunnel.
Tire Wheel Sky Fuel tank Vehicle

Sky Cloud Mountain Plant Plant community

Plant Road surface Tree Slope Asphalt

Wheel Tire Plant Helmet Fuel tank

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
276 Posts
There is some very beautiful scenery riding the BRP.

I live around 25 mins from the NC border, maybe 45 mins to the BRP. Get up that way a good bit, hoping next year to ride it start to finish Tn to Va and then back down.

Normally ride up to Marion and hop BRP and ride it back west, make a stop at Oskar blues brewery for some food and drinks and then down hwy 276 back home.

Attachments

Reactions: Abcrave

·
Registered
2021 RGL 114
103 Posts
Great Pics. I'll be down next week riding the BRP south to north, can't wait. I've done parts of it but never start to finish. the its over to the Triple nickel.

Reactions: Abcrave

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Great place to run for sure!
Last time there, we rode the entire start to finish on the BRP and "The Tail". Ripping up hill, coasting downhill, all of the sudden I saw a Big Azz Bear. Telling my Boss on the back of my Rig, she was snoring like no tomorrow!

The rhythm, reaving of motor, incredible oxygen, up and down the mountains had my wife catching some Zzz's! :sleep:

Or was it that joint we had at the last pitstop? :oops: :p ;)

YB

• Haha
Reactions: twowheeladdict

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
Riding the full length north and south is something every rider should do before they can't.

After riding the full length in both directions, getting a VRBO or Airbnb in one location and exploring the surrounding area is a must. The roads around the BRP, and leading to and from the BRP are amazing!

Of course you have the Maggie Valley area, but also the Asheville area, the Blowing Rock area, Little Switzerland, and more.

There are several motorcycle only campgrounds, a few state parks not far off the BRP, and federal campgrounds on the BRP.

I have used the BRP for many work related trips to the greater DC area. Nothing better than an all expense paid ride on the BRP! :cool:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I was totally blown away by the road surface. Best I've ever been on!
99% of it was a perfect surface and had really good grip in the rain.
Lake Santeetlah is a hidden gem, also, that has beautiful views...

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Great pics except for that one where cyclops is trying to hog the screen. Thanks for sharing your trip. Was there about 6-weeks ago myself. Looks like you had better weather

·
Registered
2018 FLTRX
276 Posts
Road the "Diamond back" last year up there, kind of sketchy with the fog and rain though. Its in Little switzerland I believe, a smaller version of the Tail of the Dragon ride.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,434 Posts
I like riding the BRP. Things to note . This happen on our last trip and not the first time. Come around a curve. A little below speed limit. At the blind point in the curve a car is backing up in my lane to take a picture of some flower. Had I been at the limit it would have been a crash.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Cool post & pics!

I've ridden it from end to end. At first, it's very disorienting to just keep going & going & going with no stopping. It felt very odd to me.

I live in east Tennessee so this is all in my backyard, Dragon, Rattler, Cherohala Skyway, Devils Triangle and so on. Have ridden all of it. Natchez Trace has equally beautiful scenery by the way.

Caution to others = check the route map online before departing as they're actively repairing a section now due to weather damage + the ongoing repair.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
Registered
8,521 Posts
BRP is nice but the Photo Tourists kill me on that road - That pavement will also chew up some softer tires RIGHT quick but an amazing road nonetheless

1 - 20 of 27 Posts