Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current hearing aids will blue tooth. But need a extra device to do it . I never messed with it. VA called me in yesterday , said I was due for a full hearing test in Madison.
When I got there she also said I was due for new hearing aids. I was informed my new ones would blue tooth directly and could be full controlled by the app allowing a lot of different ways to use them.
She also said they would help connect it and set it all up. I am seriously taking her out side to try and pair them with the bike. they just may connect with the WHIM.
Anyone try this?

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
Hearing loss sucks. I don't need hearing aids just yet but i know I'm losing my hearing slowly but surely from years of abuse in the automotive industry. When I do finally need them that would be a pretty cool feature to have. Just imagine if Bose made them, we'd have speaker less bikes again lol. Keep us posted

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,862 Posts
I'm curious how this works for you, my Mom uses hearing aids and you can barely see the things

·
Registered
8,210 Posts
I'm curious how this works for you, my Mom uses hearing aids and you can barely see the things
My father wears them too and I didn't even know until he told me. Technology has come a very long way

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I wear the behind the ear type. in the ear do not work for me. Some people wear hearing device that are not he same as hearing aids. The ones you see advertised at low prices work for some but are not true hearing aids. I had to start wearing them in 2006. First set I kept almost 10 years. VA was a mess and I was never going back. My second set was 2016 and what a difference in how the VA treated people. The Hardware the VA supplies is top of the line stuff and they give you a lot of options.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My current hearing aids will blue tooth. But need a extra device to do it . I never messed with it. VA called me in yesterday , said I was due for a full hearing test in Madison.
When I got there she also said I was due for new hearing aids. I was informed my new ones would blue tooth directly and could be full controlled by the app allowing a lot of different ways to use them.
She also said they would help connect it and set it all up. I am seriously taking her out side to try and pair them with the bike. they just may connect with the WHIM.
Anyone try this?
Hi. I am also automotive tech and have the latest hearing aids with blue tooth and they do sound very good. However not as good as the stock stereo . I can listen to music from phone blue toothed to hearing aids but in order to link bike stereo to them I think you have to use the tv box device that came with them. Older bikes with HK stereo would be easy but my rushmore 2016 RGu does not have an audio out jack. So. no luck linking them yet. Mine are from Connect Hearing. Maybe yours are different?

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi. I am also automotive tech and have the latest hearing aids with blue tooth and they do sound very good. However not as good as the stock stereo . I can listen to music from phone blue toothed to hearing aids but in order to link bike stereo to them I think you have to use the tv box device that came with them. Older bikes with HK stereo would be easy but my rushmore 2016 RGu does not have an audio out jack. So. no luck linking them yet. Mine are from Connect Hearing. Maybe yours are different?
I have the WHIM on my RGL it may pair. From what I was told I will not need any other device for it to pair. My old ones need the extra device. I will find out in a couple weeks. But Will be riding in TN and darn sure won't be messing with it then.

·
Registered
138 Posts
More & more stuff comes with Bluetooth. TV, car, phone, Helmets (if you have speakers). I'm no tech guy so I only use on my car & phone. I'm also due for a new set of hearing aids, when I get them I will hook up to my TV. There're making easier to pair (hook them together). Good luck.

·
Registered
2020 Limited.
347 Posts
I too am about due current testing and new aids, no VAA here though so big$$$$ my current pair of Unitron Moxie 20's cost almost $8000.00 7 years ago. At least I can understand better with them on. don't ride with them wind will kill me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts