Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,
Somewhat new to the forum, been lurking while I had a fat bob and this forum helped me decide to trade in for a shark. 2013 Big Blue Pearl Road Glide Custom. So far I have added 16" Carlini Gangster Apes and black braided cables and black Magnum Harley "get a grip" grips as well as 5" adjustable extended highway pegs. Today I dropped her off for her performance mods and 1k mile service. She is getting:

SE Billet A/C -black
Vance and Hines power dual headers - black
CFR mufflers fluted tips - black
SE 255 cams
SERT tuner
Dyno Tune

I have had a lot of fun getting to know this bike in its stock form and then with ape hangers for the first time on a bike for me. Loving it, harley makes a hell of a bike without any mods. However I do know from my fatbob that just a few minor mods to help it breath and a tune for the mile high city make a HUGE difference.

Here she is stock:

Here she is with new bars and grips and extended hw pegs:

Will post more pics after phase 2 mods are complete, will have the bike back Friday. Hope I can sleep ok between now and then :D

More pics below, here is the dyno graph after all mods:

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Nice bike, will be waiting to see the pics of more changes on Friday.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
The ride looks good. Your about to wake it up a lil lol. Enjoy putting on the miles and mods.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow did it wake it up! Cant wipe the grin off my face.

Pics as promised sorry a lil late been busy riding!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Attachments

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Congrats good start keep it coming.:)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Plates are going on this week.

**updated original post with dyno graph

·
Registered
483 Posts
Craigmier,

How do you like the Carlini Gangsters??? I am all over the place on bars and could use some insight. I called Carlini to ask some questions on the Menace and Evil Ape. Basically they told me the Menace is for professional install only. The guy I was talking to was trying to sell me on the Gangsters, which I was originally looking at. I steered away from them because of the width but he said that is a big advantage for someone my size (6'3" and 220lbs). Does the extra width make that big of a difference? I want to reach for the bars but was afraid the wide stance would leave me open like a sail.

Also noticed in a post you thought the 16" were above your shoulders when you slouch. I ride with a slouch too and actually have a lowered seat. Debating if the 16's are too tall considering you're taller than me.

Any insights you have would help. I actually already bought a set of 12" Buky Malo and don't like how much pullback they have and I'm back to the drawing board. So hard when I can't sit on the bike and get a feel.

Thanks bud!

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
My bike has the 17" Evil apes. I ran the Flyin apes on my softail in 16" and they were super wide. I prefer a narrower bar but I lane split every day so that plays a big role in my choices. A bar that is too wide hits truck mirrors. The Evil's work great for me width wise.

Regardless I loved the wider Carlini's on my softail as well which was much easier to split lanes on due to the fact that it had no shield, bags or fairing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks great man! Do you by any chance have a side profile shot with the wheel straight? I've been trying to find a good side shot of the gangster apes on a shark for a while. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts