Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised that the Boom system won't pair with a Bluetooth helmet. There appears to be two options, being WHIM from HD or Firewire by SENA. WHIM is build into the fairing which I like, but even if you install it yourself, you apparently have to pay a HD dealer to enable the BT headset option, and it doesn't pair with all headsets, and all but the HD SENA 20S get only mono sound.
SENA Firewire will pair with my Bilt helmet (SENA 10S) but the usual install involves it hanging on the handle bar and cables hanging around. It does get stereo sound and you don't have to pay a dealer to enable anything. It does require two of them though, if you want one for the passenger.

Has anyone installed these permanently inside the fairing ? I like the Firewire functionality better than WHIM, but only if it can be installed permanently rather than having to remember to remove and stored it every time I stop.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have the WHIM. I have used it with a couple of different Sena units, and I bought a BOOM HD branded model. Both Senas connected no problem but I don’t hear all that much difference between them. In fact the Sena half helmet unit has a whole lot more volume that the HD half helmet unit.

I haven’t connected anything else like BT Helmets,but I sure someone out there has.

That being said it is convenient to be able to hear the bike without a cable. Expensive, but convenient.....the dealer installed mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
The Freewire can be mounted. There’s a thread where a couple of us have done it. I’ll see if I can find it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts