Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The BT works great on my Alpine, so long as the phone is in one of the glove boxes. Put in my jacket or pants pocket and it cuts out frequently. I'd LIKE to be able to have my wife handle the tunes from the backseat, but that's not going to happen unless I sort this out.

I will say, I haven't tested it with her phone yet; so it might be an issue with my phone. But my phone works great in the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not range related, but was curious on how the quality of the music being streamed from BT was? Does is sound as good as if you were to plug in a usb?

About to order a 149BT so would love some feedback.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not range related, but was curious on how the quality of the music being streamed from BT was? Does is sound as good as if you were to plug in a usb?

About to order a 149BT so would love some feedback.
It's good. I haven't plugged in vis USB or even aux yet. just Radio or BT stream

Honestly, at speed, I'd not worry about bluetooth bitrates or compression.

Any amps in the system?
Yes. Soundstream pn2.350D. didn't think of that interfering with the BT signal. I know it can affect FM. Maybe I should move the linouts to a plain ol radio I have laying around, and power off the amp, see how that affects the range.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I put my phone in the tour pak and use BT all the time and know issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've been having the same issue. I returned one unit thinking it was bad. But its still doing it with the second unit. I have the 149BT. Prior to this I had a Sony and could walk 15 -20 ft away before having an issue. Just hated that I couldn't see the Sony in the sun! Not sure what to do next.... Maybe the Kenwood?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been having the same issue. I returned one unit thinking it was bad. But its still doing it with the second unit. I have the 149BT. Prior to this I had a Sony and could walk 15 -20 ft away before having an issue. Just hated that I couldn't see the Sony in the sun! Not sure what to do next.... Maybe the Kenwood?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Did you have the same amplifier/speakers with the sony as you did with the Alpines?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts