Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
(2017 FLTRU)

Folks - I believe this is a well known artifact of bluetooth - even though your media output level is maxed on your phone, it wont be nearly as loud as a direct connection. For example, I can hear the radio just fine at highway speeds, and not much above 50%.

Music via bluetooth is another story altogether.

I'm NOT connecting directly via the USB input in the right glove box. If I use the USB connection is that direct vs bluetooth?

I guess I need to experiment, but curious to hear your thoughts....

Registered
Discussion Starter #2
OK, experiment completed. Turned bluetooth OFF on my phone, then I connected it to the glovebox USB port.

It will only play media stored on the phone. Spotify, etc comes through the phone speaker, not the bike's speakers.

So I guess there's no way to *directly* connect your phone to your bike and use spotify or pandora to stream music. Those services must come through bluetooth. Sucks.

Registered
OK, experiment completed. Turned bluetooth OFF on my phone, then I connected it to the glovebox USB port.

It will only play media stored on the phone. Spotify, etc comes through the phone speaker, not the bike's speakers.

So I guess there's no way to *directly* connect your phone to your bike and use spotify or pandora to stream music. Those services must come through bluetooth. Sucks.

Mine will play iHeart and the SiriusXM app on my iPhone through the USB connection, haven't tried Pandora yet... 17 RGU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Thanks, and is it louder than playing it through bluetooth?

It's about the same, it's probably related to your phone settings ( I'm using an iPhone 6s Plus).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts