Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 RG

I am not a floorboard guy, I would rather put my boots on pegs nor do I like the heal toe shifter.

Is there a conversion kit available?

Thanks

L

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Multiple companies make forward controls for baggers. PM comes to mind as well as Accutronix. I prefer boards as I have multiple places on the boards to put my feet. Pull the heel shifter off.

I bought my bike without the heel shifter and it has a chrome cap over the end of the splined shaft. Not sure who makes it but I am sure Harley offers one.

With forwards you are stuck with only one foot position which for me on a long ride is less attractive than boards.

Drew

·
Registered
516 Posts
2015 RG

I am not a floorboard guy, I would rather put my boots on pegs nor do I like the heal toe shifter.

Is there a conversion kit available?

Thanks

L
I said the same thing when I bought my 2013... After 11,000 miles, I love the footboards.... I did add highway pegs on the crash bar for more options on long hauls though...

As for the heel shifter you can simply use a chrome spacer and move the toe shifter out and remove the heel shifter all together... you can spend money on a conversion kit but really no need..

http://www.covingtonscyclecity.com/Catalog/?PartGroup=Heel Shift Eliminators

·
Registered
532 Posts
Get the CycleSmiths Banana boards and you have A LOT of choices on where to put your feet. As above, remove the heel shifter, get an extended shifter if necessary.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had the jaybrakes for about 4years. Purchased the first set when they came out. Mine are the black ones and still look like brand new. Best decision made for upgrade and very comfortable. The one thing i noticed is the transmission is like butter now. A friend did the same on his and says the same thing. Don't know why, but defintely changed the way it shifts. Might be something with the geometry of the linkage, but then i wasn't very good in geometry in school. Buy them you won;t regret it. Jaybrake has been bought out by someone, but they still offer them. do a web search

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have the jay brake forward controls and I love them. For me it's a better ride
Post a pic if you would. Used to have Jay Brake forward controls on my lowrider and did like them a lot. Would like to see them on a bagger.

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
Multiple companies make forward controls for baggers. PM comes to mind as well as Accutronix. I prefer boards as I have multiple places on the boards to put my feet. Pull the heel shifter off.

I bought my bike without the heel shifter and it has a chrome cap over the end of the splined shaft. Not sure who makes it but I am sure Harley offers one.

With forwards you are stuck with only one foot position which for me on a long ride is less attractive than boards.

Drew
+1. Remove the heel shifter for more room. The lil chrome cap can be purchased at a dealer. I have one and it wasn't too expensive

·
Registered
10 Posts
here are some pics of the jaybrake controls. i am 5'9" and can rest my heels on the pegs very comfotably for long trips. The rubber is top notch and quality is first class. It also gives you more options for exhaust. I am trying an old set of zoomies out for now but also have vance and hines true duals headers with bassani exhaust which sound great as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
462 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics although black-on-black is a bit hard to see.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
The heal shifter is easy to remove. I juat cut about a half inch of fuel line and use it as a spacer for the toe shifter. I hear what you say about pegs. They are nice with tall healed boots. But once you try Banana Boards, it's tough to turn back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts