Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,043 Posts
rashes and weird sounds like off-topic. Never been a fan of rashes, to be honest. Sounds like you know your thing or tow about'em though.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
9,525 Posts
Odd posts to me, all over like a bad rash! ???
I don't know anything about him except what he's said in various posts about his situation. He bought a custom RG and for the type of riding he does (previous Fat Boy rider) it isn't working for him and he's selling it. On top of that he's looking to find a very low mileage Fat Boy and has offered lunch and gas money if someone close by would go look at the bikes. That's all I know but it seems on the up and up to me.

·
Registered
2020 RGS, runs great out the gate.
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to know... wasn't aware he didn't like that ride, it's nice...maybe a stock one would work though...seems there's a plan....

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,043 Posts
I didn't know he didn't like the RG. Sometimes buying someone else's 'custom' bike isn't the way to go unless you have some decent saddle time on it to see how it fits you. Built, not bought, is my preferred avenue.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I don't know anything about him except what he's said in various posts about his situation. He bought a custom RG and for the type of riding he does (previous Fat Boy rider) it isn't working for him and he's selling it. On top of that he's looking to find a very low mileage Fat Boy and has offered lunch and gas money if someone close by would go look at the bikes. That's all I know but it seems on the up and up to me.

My impression too.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Odd posts to me, all over like a bad rash! ???
I suggest you see someone about your rash...not sure what seems wrong with my posts?! I have bought and sold more vehicles over the years than I care to remember - over 50 - 4 wheelers and 20 - 2 wheelers, most customized. I have a new 718 Spyder on order and recently got a new G550 along with the Road Glide late last year - you can look me up on Rennlist and the MBWorld Forums as well as the Harley Forums. I may be fairly new here but that is only because I got the Road Glide not long ago. I want a 2016 or 2017 Fat Boy S and am looking all over the country, as I always have, and I have traveled a couple of hours to check out vehicles for people on the forums, and others have done it for me as well; I do not see anything wrong with that at all.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fuzzy cleared it up, just a query. When someone is posting all over the country, just seemed odd. Apologies. Apparently it's normal here, like baggin on baggers...😉

·
Registered
277 Posts
No worries, it honestly did not seem odd to me since I know quite a few of us that like to try as much as possible before we depart!

·
Registered
7,405 Posts
I want a 2016 or 2017 Fat Boy S and am looking all over the country,
Happy to help if I can amigo - In the Chicago Land Area...should one pop up, hit me up....I NEVER need an excuse to go look at bikes...and keep your gas and lunch money...I operate off Karma.....many here have helped me over the years and its turn to repay if I can.....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Happy to help if I can amigo - In the Chicago Land Area...should one pop up, hit me up....I NEVER need an excuse to go look at bikes...and keep your gas and lunch money...I operate off Karma.....many here have helped me over the years and its turn to repay if I can.....
Thats the right attitude! I feel the same way, and I will travel up to about 2 hours each way to check something out - looked at a Porsche in Orlando for someone last month and a bike in St. Aug last week. But I am ready to pull the trigger on the bike in Houston but it would be nice to get a warm & fuzzy (thanks, but no thanks Uncle Fuzzy).

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Thats the right attitude! I feel the same way, and I will travel up to about 2 hours each way to check something out - looked at a Porsche in Orlando for someone last month and a bike in St. Aug last week. But I am ready to pull the trigger on the bike in Houston but it would be nice to get a warm & fuzzy (thanks, but no thanks Uncle Fuzzy).
Exactly.....Find something in NJ, and if my schedule open, Iam happy to go check something out.
Just checked my schedule, I got nuthing.......

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As noted AZ is available as well...lots of scooters here as well. RUBs always dumping them cheap. Why I never bought a new bike until last year.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Anyone in the Billings Montana area? Found a nice one.
I'm not but I am in CT. I work funky hours but if I can help out i will

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
The search is over! I found a bike and it is getting shipped to me this coming weekend - thanks to all that offered to help.
@Bob Z what bike did You end up with and where did You find it?
Best of Luck and don’t forget the photos when it arrives.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
277 Posts
I am getting a new/12 mile 2020 Anniversary Fat Boy from LA. And I lowered the price of my Road Glide in case someone is looking for something unique.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts