Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok 124 crate motor with a power commander 5. When starting from a stop the motor Boggs down and almost stalls I have to let off and give throttle again. No issues while riding just at a stop.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Not enough torque get a torquer cam ;-), sorry couldn't help :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sounds like it is either extremely rich or lean from idle. I would bet lean, like the old carbs had a shot of fuel plunger to juice it a bit off idle.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
What year Bike? (My '09 did the same thing when I got it in '12~pipe & FuelPak) I don't know if my Dealer "flashed" the ECM or not... since you are mentioning the issue after installing the 124 and PC-V, I doubt it's in the ECM / TBW...

Where did you get the Map from?

Dyno Tuned?

Something to try, won't hurt anything;
Plug the PC-V into the laptop, if there are any values other than "0" in the "0"% Throttle Position Column, then set all values to "0". I have been told to do the same thing in the 10% Column also, but did not do so, since zeroing out the "0" Column solved my issue with the 117

Congrats on the 124!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I had the very same issue on my 12 CVO off idle to the point of almost dropping the bike when banking out from a stop. Although mine is stock, the dealer reflashed my ecm because he said there was some fuel injection issues in the 2012 era. Its good as gold ever since. Just saying.
Some day I will be running a 124+ :O)))

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What year Bike? (My '09 did the same thing when I got it in '12~pipe & FuelPak) I don't know if my Dealer "flashed" the ECM or not... since you are mentioning the issue after installing the 124 and PC-V, I doubt it's in the ECM / TBW...

Dyno Tuned?

Plug the PC-V into the laptop, if there are any values other than "0" in the "0"% Throttle Position Column, then set all values to "0". I have been told to do the same thing in the 10% Column also, but did not do so, since zeroing out the "0" Column solved my issue with the 117

Congrats on the 124!!!
Thanks it is a 2010. I'll take a look at that when I get home. It has been dunno tuned twice the first time it was horrible tune only got 25 mpg second had a big increase in power and now back to 37 to 40mpg.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Dyno Tuned?

Congrats on the 124!!!
Ok I zeroed it out a bit and wasn't right still so I added a little and looks like so far so good real test will be tomorrow 400 miles and some heat so we will see. Thanks for the suggestion I'll post results.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,630 Posts
Not necessarily to bag on PCV, as I know a lot of people are real happy with that. But I personally went with TTS (after having a PCV and not being happy with performance issues) and also had mine re-tuned with a reputable dyno-guy. All the difference in the world. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I am considering it. More and more I am leaning to going with something else. Love the power commander but it never seems to get dialed in right on the bigger motors. 6 months ago I would have told you that you were nuts and that power commander 5 was awesome.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yeah I am considering it. More and more I am leaning to going with something else. Love the power commander but it never seems to get dialed in right on the bigger motors. 6 months ago I would have told you that you were nuts and that power commander 5 was awesome.
'Not saying that the PV-V is the greatest thing since sliced bread, since I have one on the 117 and it works great, 18k+ miles, responsive power everywhere, 35-38 mpg around town / playing on the back roads, 40+ Interstate all 2-up loaded.

I'm not one to think "my components are better than yours" LOL

'just throwing a couple things out there before you drop more bucks for a Tuner / Dyno, and could still have the same issue. The bog could be related to the TBW / ECM? (my '09 had the same bog stock) I would want to make sure that the PC-V is the culprit before getting off the hip$

My ramblings in no particular order;

Have you unplugged the harness from the Throttle Body and made sure all is as it should be? No corrosion, bent pins, etc...

You might give DynoJet or FuelMoto tech support a try (if you haven't already?) and see what they have to say (eliminating the PC-V as the culprit). DJ TS is probably at Sturgis now :frown:

Check with Dealer and see if HD has any "Flash Updates" available for your ECM.

Ask your Dyno Guy (the 2nd Tune) what he thinks?

Or if you're fed up at this point with the PC-V and decide to go with another Tuner / Dyno guy, I would bring up the issue on the initial "interview" and have an understanding that his product will eliminate this issue...

Good luck, Keep us Posted...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.