Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good cam upgrade.. Bolt in upgrade to give me more hp and torque to last me a while until I can get the tire shredder kit.. alot of different things I've seen so i figired I would come ask on here from yalls own perspective..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
898 Posts
I installed the Andrews 57h cam in my 2013. I was amazed at the power increase i got.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
I also have the Andrews 57H cam in my 2012 Custom and am very pleased with it.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
For the money I would say, Andrew's, Feelings or the kuryakyn 22D I think it is, all good torque cams an priced right. I personally like Fuelings 525, I am all about torque off the line. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
i personally don't believe all the dyno numbers all the time, because it about what RPM you ride in, i have had friends with 103 motors with higher lift cams and i dusted them with my 96 inch motor and my torque cams, and no its not rider error which alot of people claim, i not running a quarter mile just want to get on the highway quicker especially when riding two up and with gear. Its all about what you want and maximizing the most out of a stock motor. If your doing mods then yes higher lift cams, but for bolt in no work you cant beat a good torque cam.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For the money I would say, Andrew's, Feelings or the kuryakyn 22D I think it is, all good torque cams an priced right. I personally like Fuelings 525, I am all about torque off the line. Good luck!
Thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the info and input. I apologize I thought I stated I have a 2016 road glide already my mistake

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
So many good cams to choose from, the best advice i can give you is where do you mostly shift around and when do you want your cam to kick in , then decide which one is for you. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So many good cams to choose from, the best advice i can give you is where do you mostly shift around and when do you want your cam to kick in , then decide which one is for you. Good luck!
Seems like I shift mostly around 3000 rpms.. and when me and a buddy are running he seems to walk away from me when I am at full throttle.. I would like that not to be the case

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
i normally never go past 5000k so for me my cam is very similar to a Woods 222 which many members here have and can back me up the pull is nice , Fueling 525s kick in at 1750 RPM all the way up to about 5100 RPM just where i ride, my buddy has a roadking with a 103 , mind you lighter than me and a bigger motor and he could not pull away from me. The only reason i didn't do the Woods was price and they don't cut there own cams, Fuelings does and they where almost 200 clams cheaper for basically the same cam, not to take anything away from Woods at all, the 222s are great IMO.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i normally never go past 5000k so for me my cam is very similar to a Woods 222 which many members here have and can back me up the pull is nice , Fueling 525s kick in at 1750 RPM all the way up to about 5100 RPM just where i ride, my buddy has a roadking with a 103 , mind you lighter than me and a bigger motor and he could not pull away from me. The only reason i didn't do the Woods was price and they don't cut there own cams, Fuelings does and they where almost 200 clams cheaper for basically the same cam, not to take anything away from Woods at all, the 222s are great IMO.
Thanks so u recommend the fuelings 525??

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
In a stock 2016 you simply cannot beat the Andrews offerings for the money. Andrews 48H for torque down low is probably what would suit you best since you say that you normally keep the RPMs low.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
You could or run a Fueling 543 freeway flyer which are recomm for 103s either one you can't go wrong, i just really like the low end cams best.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts