Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't find the info after a couple hours of reading and research. I plan on mounting a light bar to the underside of the triple but can't find what size/pitch the holes are tapped for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up on the clearance. Learned my lesson when I had my Vegas, the mount I used on it slid down the fork a little and pulling into an establishment the hard edge from the road to the parking lot the fender gave a nice "WACK" and thus the small chip in the top of the fender for life.

I was looking at using the bolt holes in the bottom triple clamp, in between the forks. I've found that some of the hardware on the 15 RGS is metric and some of it is standard, it looks to be about an M8, but I was hoping someone might be able to drop some knowledge on it before I start tearing into the project. Appreciate the pinch bolt info, depending on room I might have to use them instead.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Thanks for the heads up on the clearance. Learned my lesson when I had my Vegas, the mount I used on it slid down the fork a little and pulling into an establishment the hard edge from the road to the parking lot the fender gave a nice "WACK" and thus the small chip in the top of the fender for life.

I was looking at using the bolt holes in the bottom triple clamp, in between the forks. I've found that some of the hardware on the 15 RGS is metric and some of it is standard, it looks to be about an M8, but I was hoping someone might be able to drop some knowledge on it before I start tearing into the project. Appreciate the pinch bolt info, depending on room I might have to use them instead.
I’m not sure what bolt holes you’re talking about. https://shop.outpostalaska.com/OEMpartfinder.htm#/Harley-Davidson®/FLTRX_1KHM_ROAD_GLIDE_CUSTOM_(2013)/FORK_BRACKETS,_FRONT/99456-13\KHM/FLTRX_1KHM_ROAD_GLIDE_CUSTOM_(2013)//FORK_BRACKETS,/y
If it looks like an M8 it’s probably a 1/4-20 or a 1/4-28. Not much metric on that bike. Brake mounting on the front should be about it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'm special. Went assuming my triple clamp was similar to a friend's 08 SG. My lower triple clamp is hollow in the middle, if you will. Looks like I'll be bolting up to the "outer fairing skirt" bolts or the fairing mount in some way.

Determined to get the light bar on the bike, had it on my Vegas tied into the high beam circuit and it was the best mod I ever did. Turned night into day, for miles...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts