Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks!! Looks like it's already gone to 1.19.01, so if you got 1.19.00, might want to go back for whatever they found last minute.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!! Looks like it's already gone to 1.19.01, so if you got 1.19.00, might want to go back for whatever they found last minute.
Damn. I installed .0 last night and I think it killed the AVC on the FM. Will do the newest again tonight after this wedding reception I'm at.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a amp and new speakers in the fairing, and rear speakers in the lids. It has never sounded right on the hwy. I finally had a friend take it in for a flash, and it sounds killer now, even on the hwy. The fader, and all the setting show up now. I'm not sure which flash he did, but it fixed the avc issues.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't know if that's .01 or if it's .0 "I" . There's no little "tab" at the top of the "l" on the latest version on the site.

Just tried to DL it and it says I already have it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
dumb question, what is AVC?
I believe it stand for Automatic Volume Control ; you can set it so the volume will increase a set amount when your speed increases and I believe it will decrease when slowing down as well. I have mine off, as I prefer to manually do my volume to make sure I do not over drive my speakers. Others may know better than I and will chip in I am sure.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe it stand for Automatic Volume Control ; you can set it so the volume will increase a set amount when your speed increases and I believe it will decrease when slowing down as well. I have mine off, as I prefer to manually do my volume to make sure I do not over drive my speakers. Others may know better than I and will chip in I am sure.
You are 100% correct.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is there a list somewhere of what's included in the update?
Found this on the CVO site....
Does anybody see a difference in the New Feature? "- High Contrast Day Colors"

New Features

- High Contrast Day Colors

Issues Fixed

- AVC inoperable until the first time it is adjusted

- Radio does not switch between units properly

- Volume adjustment from hand controls does not function

- Presets do not recall correct station/media

- Radio remains "off" after engine crank

- Address field cannot be edited

- Radio stuck on splash screen/accept screen

- Temperature between C & F inaccurate

- WB seek up/down broken after ignition cycle

- Radio system stays on after shutdown for an extended period

- Traffic Announcements not working

- AM/FM Reception missing strong stations on seek

- Media not playing after ignition cycle

- Brazil dealerships missing

- Performance and stability enhancements

·
Registered
26 Posts
Installed it two days ago and it installed fine. Love the high contrast colors for daytime driving to be honest. Still getting a washed out sound at speed. I don't know that it boots up any faster though. No problems scanning for radio stations on my drive down from up north.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Installed it two days ago and it installed fine. Love the high contrast colors for daytime driving to be honest. Still getting a washed out sound at speed. I don't know that it boots up any faster though. No problems scanning for radio stations on my drive down from up north.
I didn't even pay much attention to the colors yesterday. Did it load them on it's own or did you have to mess with any settings?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I didn't even pay much attention to the colors yesterday. Did it load them on it's own or did you have to mess with any settings?
Just go to the settings and the background colors and change them to "high contrast". Makes the background white with black letters. I'm sure it's not to everyones taste, but it's easy to see in the sunlight.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'll have to download and update mine to try it out.

Does the problem of the radio not remembering the last music source (ie: USB) still exist?

That drives me friggin crazy. I always play music off my USB thumb drive, yet the bike never remembers that (okay...well maybe 25% of the time it does...) and always defaults back to FM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my boom audio sucks

I have a 2015 road glide special and the radio has never been right.fades in and out sounds horrible.i have had it at buckeye harley three different times, they say in never does it when tjey are riding it. i say BS. has anyone had this problem and got it fixed? I need some help .

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I have a 2015 road glide special and the radio has never been right.fades in and out sounds horrible.i have had it at buckeye harley three different times, they say in never does it when tjey are riding it. i say BS. has anyone had this problem and got it fixed? I need some help .
Might get more responses if you started a unique thread. But if you're referring to the "washout" that happens when you're riding at speed........ Yes everyone that I know of has that problem, even the latest RG and RGS rolling off the production line (was with 2 friends that bought new RGs this weekend).

My bike exhibits same issue as well (purchased last month). I personally think it is some combination of the horrible radio EQ that HD/HK have chosen to use in the Audio system and the unique wind streams caused by our fairings.

The only known confirmed working solutions I know of include audio upgrades;
AMP, speakers, radio flash or Magic Box.

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
I'll have to download and update mine to try it out.

Does the problem of the radio not remembering the last music source (ie: USB) still exist?

That drives me friggin crazy. I always play music off my USB thumb drive, yet the bike never remembers that (okay...well maybe 25% of the time it does...) and always defaults back to FM.
I did the download two days ago and mine still has the issue of remembering the last music source, it is hit and miss just like before.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts