Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i ordered my 15 road glide i had the audio system upgraded to boom 1 w/ 300 amp and added saddlebag speakers. I ended up putting on lowers and decided to add the speakers to them . It also requires another 300 w amp. At this point they (harley shop)are suggesting that i upgrade to the high output charging system and really really suggest it if i decide on running the boom 2 speakers as they reguire 2 channels each to power them. From there i checked with various shops in my area and most of them say that i should be ok as long as i dont add anything else that will put any more drain on my e system. If it was just a matter of a few bucks its a no brainer but its 500 + labor. Have any of you had a similar set up and chose to not upgrade the charging system? What was the outcome?

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Keep digging Johnny.... There's a big thread on here about all the issues with the BOOM II stuff. Lots better can be had for a lot cheaper. Dealer is just trying to get as much from you as po$$ible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe that the ultra already has the high output charging system from the factory but I could be wrong, the 15 CVO ultra does.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts