Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at dealer over the weekend and heard a set of front fairing boom upgrade on RG sounded real good for the price any thoughts?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I did the speakers alone.. you can turn volume to half and still be clear.. MUCH better then stock and worth the money, though will be looking at an amp this year...

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I have the ultra did the Boom speakers and front boom amp work great for me helps makes it clear could use a little more bass but I dont need a window rattler.You can hear it at any speed nice and clear

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't waste my time or $ with the BA lineup of products. Much better can be had for less $. Over-priced and sub-par quality at best.
Well I went with the Boom Audio Front Speakers they were $113.00 out the door. The speakers I heard at the dealer were on a upgraded 2013 RG speakers only no amp and they sounded good indoors and outdoors.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
boom audio speakers

The boom audio speakers are fine. Depends on what you want, and what your plans are for an audio system. I have the upgrades, and at 70 miles an hour, who cares, wind noise, road noise, and engine noise, its a motorcycle, I don't care what kind of total harmonic distortion my system has. Some people do.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I listened to an amplified Boom system on a CVO at the local dealership. Was a little louder but all in all was not impressed with the sound quality. Front speakers still sounded a little muddy. Tour pak speakers did sound a little better than stock though.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Let us remember one thing, not everyone wants to have 12 speakers and spend $1500.00. My Boom audio speakers do the job. They were cheap and took less than 15 minutes to install. I'll save my money for other upgrades. I'm happy with the results. Yes I have had J&M on my last bike, but had issues with them. I hear they make a better speaker now. Either way its a great entry level speaker for anyone wanting more than the stock speaker.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I listened to an amplified Boom system on a CVO at the local dealership. Was a little louder but all in all was not impressed with the sound quality. Front speakers still sounded a little muddy. Tour pak speakers did sound a little better than stock though.
I agree. Sound is very subjective though so what sounds good to you and I may not sound worth a crap to someone else and vice-versa.

Regardless, to the OP; the BA is definitely an upgrade to stock. Guess I should have said IMO (because after all it is mine) I'd go a different route. Hell you can get FOCAL CA165 6.5" speakers for $95

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
For the price I like them because of the hard plastic grill. Its paintable to match a painted inner. Can't really say that for aftermarket speakers behind the stock grills.:cool:

·
Registered
209 Posts
For the price I like them because of the hard plastic grill. Its paintable to match a painted inner. Can't really say that for aftermarket speakers behind the stock grills.:cool:
Well with all the trouble these days of stealing bikes, stealing saddlebags, etc. I like concealment. What you can't see, you don't know is there. :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
The boom audio speakers are fine. Depends on what you want, and what your plans are for an audio system. I have the upgrades, and at 70 miles an hour, who cares, wind noise, road noise, and engine noise, its a motorcycle, I don't care what kind of total harmonic distortion my system has. Some people do.
Like mmcmsw, I like the boom audio, I installed B/A in the fairing and J&M speakers in the tour pak pods. Thought this would be a good opertunity to see if there is a significant difference between them. IMO there is not. I am happy with both. but the B/A were a little cheaper. Do not have an AMP but this mod got me to the volume i was looking for at hiway speeds. I'm sure there are better setup's but for me, I am 100% happy. Just my $ .02

1 - 20 of 37 Posts