Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did my second upgrade on the Boom Box, sorry to say but the same problem is still there, AVC or Speed Control, whatever you want to call it, still doesn't work. The volume does not increase because of speed or ambient noise and does not decrease when you slow down or come to stop. Is anybody really listening?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Same problem here. Mine stopped working two updates ago. Prior to two updates ago, I would have to turn it off and back on every time I started the bike to get it to work, but after updating it stopped working altogether. I was hoping this latest update would correct it once and for all, but it didn't. Still no AVC.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The whole thing is a joke IMO. Speakers suck, glare from the sun makes viewing impossible, GPS sucks, I'd rather have the CD player like my '04 had.
Ref sun glare problems I to had a hard time seeing screen in direct sunlight. I found a color setting that seems to have helped, its a white screen setting. You might try it to see if it helps you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ref sun glare problems I to had a hard time seeing screen in direct sunlight. I found a color setting that seems to have helped, its a white screen setting. You might try it to see if it helps you.

didn't know you could change screen colors...

·
Registered
352 Posts
My update to the "19" version works better than previous.

Still needs improvement. I'm guessing it will take another year and a few more up-dates. (ok, maybe a dozen...)

The white setting does work to defeat glare much better. + + to closest setting helps too.

The alphabetical key board, rather than qwerty is still a major annoyance.

In fact, there are a number of erratic things it does. As in, Sometimes it does, Some times it doesn't. The Speed volume is one of them. Saving routes, Nightime screen, and changing tracks on a thumb drive.

Still better than not having it thou !

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
My update to the "19" version works better than previous.

Still needs improvement. I'm guessing it will take another year and a few more up-dates. (ok, maybe a dozen...)

The white setting does work to defeat glare much better. + + to closest setting helps too.

The alphabetical key board, rather than qwerty is still a major annoyance.

In fact, there are a number of erratic things it does. As in, Sometimes it does, Some times it doesn't. The Speed volume is one of them. Saving routes, Nightime screen, and changing tracks on a thumb drive.

Still better than not having it thou !
Are you at version 1.19.1?

My experience has been that some things I thought were 'bugs' actually were due to me not reading the manual & understanding the settings. Like switching tracks on USB media. You have to be using that source, then go into setup and change from 'presets' to 'seek' and then you can change tracks.

As for the glare on the screen, I don't see how it can be eliminated on a motorcycle. Hell, it happens in my car too. :grin:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Read the directions ?

I'm a hockey guy. I go in da corner and get da puck....

I will try the method you mention.

But, others are random. Was a particular PITA when inputing destinations with dirt roads.......

Changing favorites, using the directions, just doesn't work.

Ok at home, 105.7 is fine. But, not so much in Sturgis.....

And the answer is NO. The system does not recognize Mt Rushmore, which for a Rushmore project bike.......

·
Registered
352 Posts
Are you at version 1.19.1?

My experience has been that some things I thought were 'bugs' actually were due to me not reading the manual & understanding the settings. Like switching tracks on USB media. You have to be using that source, then go into setup and change from 'presets' to 'seek' and then you can change tracks.

:grin:
It worked ! Thank you !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.