Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've researched this all over the forum and can't find the exact same subject so I apologize in advance if I've missed it......

My previous '10 shark was equipped with 'Boom' speakers front and back (4 speakers). I did not have an amp and am not an audio nut. For the most part I was satisfied with the sound but it did get lost a bit at highway speed.

On this bike I was looking at a couple of options. Although I like the idea of the J&M setup, the cost is way up there even with forum discounts. Admittedly though I haven't spoke with any of the guys are here known for selling this stuff.

My consideration this time around was to just do the same 4 'boom' speakers as before but this time add the amp in the front fairing. Presumably this would give a pretty good boost to just the speakers alone.....HOWEVER......

I also like the idea of adding the two extra speakers to the front lowers. The downside to this, as far as I can understand, is that this would require purchasing the expansion kit with the amp that mounts in the saddlebag??

Anybody having the 4 speaker boom setup with the amp, are you satisfied? Anybody with the 6 speaker boom setup?

With forum discounts the 4 speaker and amp setup can be had for about $500 or so. This seems to be a fraction of a few of the other upgraded systems and I'm thinking would probably satisy my ears. Thanks for any feedback

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I have the boom fairing amp and boom speakers on my ultra and I am verry happy with it.It is good enough for me and Boss we have plenty of sound out on the highway we do ware half helmets I know that there is some better after market set ups but this was a easy instal and works out well in the fairing.That's my 2cents and I have not had any troubles with it but it is much better then stock

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the boom fairing amp and boom speakers on my ultra and I am verry happy with it.It is good enough for me and Boss we have plenty of sound out on the highway we do ware half helmets I know that there is some better after market set ups but this was a easy instal and works out well in the fairing.That's my 2cents and I have not had any troubles with it but it is much better then stock
Thanks much for the info. I think this is what i'm going to go with and probably add the bass booster ports for the tourpak. Not gonna worry about the speakers in the lowers at this point, just upgrade the 4 as I did on my last bike but this time add the amp. Sent for a price from PCPain

1 - 3 of 3 Posts