Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2016 road glide ultra and up grated to the boom2 stereo system. It sounds so good on the bike in the dealer ship. Mine sounds not even 1/2 as good. They replaced the rear speakers but it's doing the same thing. When ever the bass hits its distorted. I have the bass turned to the 1/2 way mark and it's still distorted. Dealership really don't know what it is. Does anyone have this system and having the same problem? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
The flash that the dealerships do via Digital Technician have EVERYTHING to do with how your system will sound after upgrades... Boom or aftermarket. If the tech doing the flash forgets one check in the box, or adds a check where it shouldn't be during the process or inadvertently selects the incorrect option... your system will not be optimal.

The bad part about it... you can't tell them if they missed something... you have to take their word for it or push back and ask if they have a tech that is well-versed in Digital Tech to take a look at it and double-check it for you. Sometimes you get a fresh Tech that may not 'know' what to do correctly.... it happens.

For the money you spent on the Boom II... you could have done SOOOOO much better going aftermarket... sorry... but that's the truth.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've seen multiple speaker failures were the magnet becomes loose in the housing, causing distortion. If that checks out ok have them recheck for proper flash of the system.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I've seen multiple speaker failures were the magnet becomes loose in the housing, causing distortion. If that checks out ok have them recheck for proper flash of the system.
Good point on the speakers.... forgot about that...

·
Registered
73 Posts
One way to see if it is the speakers is to change sides. I have this problem now but it is localized to just the left side and to just bass. I'm going to get a flash tomorrow or Tuesday to see if that fixes the problem.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Check the speakers themselves to see if they are defective. My buddy installed the BOOM 2 on his street glide fairing and saddle bag speakers. One of his fairing speakers broke after a few weeks of use. The Dealership replaced it under warranty.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update on my problem. Every part was changed including the radio and over lay harness. Dealer is saying it's the whole main harness.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still not fixed. I only rode the bike home twice to bring it back twice. It's now over 30 days. I am pissed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts