Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new RGS. Having HD install a few add-ons pipes dyno etc. I am also having the new Stage II fairing speakers and Stage II amp installed. Did I screw up by getting HD audio upgrades?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just did the very same thing......and my bike is still at the shop cause we still have 100 feet of snow here lololol. but I'm good with my decision. Whats good about having a HD dealer do the install......this is all covered under your warranty as well.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Can't speak for the Stage II, but personally I'm very disappointed with Stage I that is on my new bike. It will all come out for something better this summer. Waste of my hard earned cash.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The stage II is OUTSTANDING. I had the amp and speakers installed, rode around Daytona for a week in various conditions and speeds and can tell you the radio, yes the radio sounded terrific. I did have the J&M in fairing antenna installed and it seemed to make all the difference in the word. My iPod music was perfect.

My local dealer got very competitive with online pricing and a fair labor rate so I purchased locally and had them do the install.

NOW LET ME TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED NEXT......

So I drop the bike off to have the stereo and amp installed and the parts guys is telling me they're having a service special on front end work. He tells me that if I put chrome forks on he'll install them for free (a $300 savings). I then say, since you're going that far and everything is off the bike, how much to put chrome wheels on. He says total labor $48 bucks. I ask him to match online pricing, he does. Walked out of the dealership several thousand dollars poorer and couldn't be happier.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! Thats one hell of a deal on labor...Glad to hear someone is happy with StageII audio. Still waiting for my bike to be finished. :mad:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts