Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious. Anyone with the new system, what's your take on it now that you have had time to toy around with it? This has me curious in the event that I end up upgrading this year.

·
Registered
304 Posts
system is awesome! Never used Apple Play before but works awesome on the bike. Huge improvement for Harley and big advantage over Indian for sure. Even if you don't use the Apple Play the new system much improved over last years

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
system is awesome! Never used Apple Play before but works awesome on the bike. Huge improvement for Harley and big advantage over Indian for sure. Even if you don't use the Apple Play the new system much improved over last years
For the life of me, I dont understand why they dont support Android Auto, pisses me off. I'm pretty certain to be trading my 2018 FLTRU for a 2020 version in the fall regardless.

How does GTS sound compared to the previous gen audio?

·
Registered
747 Posts

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Not sure if it's been reported here, but the GTS radio is now backwards compatible for the 14-18 bikes, Soundz has come up with a harness that makes it a plug and play after the unit gets flashed.
Who/how would the flash be done? Not sure a HD dealer would or would be allowed to do it or does Soundz do it?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Not sure if it's been reported here, but the GTS radio is now backwards compatible for the 14-18 bikes, Soundz has come up with a harness that makes it a plug and play after the unit gets flashed.
I personally don't feel its worth the prices of admission to swap in a GTS to an older bike. I mean I have a 2019 with the new radio and like it but the $2000+ for the radio and everything to it get working is pretty steep.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Well, it this follows historical trends............. Soon you'll be able to buy used GTS head units for $1K or less. Too many bike audio enthusiasts that are probably going to pull the stock units and put in aftermarket anyway :)

I waited 1 year on my 2015 FLTRX and then snagged up a 6.5 to replace the 4.3 for a whopping $700 :)

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
@wevsspot

That would be a little more reasonable and worth it. Plus if it came off of a bike you would be able to skip the whole part I read that you have to have the new radio connected to a bike and flashed for US use.

I'd rather have an OE radio....but to me ALL aftermarket radios look and feel cheap. Like they belong in a 1996 Honda Accord.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Who/how would the flash be done? Not sure a HD dealer would or would be allowed to do it or does Soundz do it?
Soundz will flash the unit for you

I personally don't feel its worth the prices of admission to swap in a GTS to an older bike. I mean I have a 2019 with the new radio and like it but the $2000+ for the radio and everything to it get working is pretty steep.
The total cost for everything would be in the 2K range.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
My local dealer (and I might add just about worthless) wouldn't do the flash unless they had already installed the Boom! crap. Originally the service writer told me "sure we can do that", then the service manager walked over, injected himself into the conversation and said that the flash wouldn't work unless the audio gear was installed. I told Larry, man you're usually a cool dude but I know you're feeding me full of "sh*t" here because it's been done before.

I called a local Indy that deals with DD stuff and he told me that if I'd come by with the bike he'd use his equipment and flash the head unit for $20. I've been waiting to pull the trigger on that offer, because knowing my luck the 6.5 radio would take a crap before my warranty is up and HD would refuse to honor the warranty because of the custom flash.

I've decided to wait and just get by with the BT355 LOC until my warranty has expired. Several of the audio "experts" over at the other forum are saying that unless you're going with 4-6 speakers, components, DSPs etc. that the flash isn't worth it. How the heck do I know.....................?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts