Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 glide with stock headlights. On high both lights come on, on low one light shuts off.
I swapped the lights with each other, same thing. I looked in the manual and could not find an answer.
Thank you, Eric

·
Registered
177 Posts
I didn't find the OP's description of his problem to be very clear. Is the same bulb not functioning on low-beam in both sockets? OR, is the same socket not functioning on low-beam with both bulbs?

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
If the bulbs are good then check the headlight plug and make sure it isn't burnt up. Since the low beam is on most of the time the low beam prong may have melted and caused a bad connection. This happened to my 08 and I had to replace the headlight plugs on my bike, the right headlight went out before the left. The plugs can be found at most any auto parts store and I soldered & heat shrinked the wires. I use dielectric grease on the headlight plugs now and I haven't had any problems.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
followed the bulb.
Let me try to give a better explanation. I took a bunch of aftermarket parts from my bike and replaced with stock stuff.
I bought used stock headlights for my daymakers, which worked fine. When I hooked the stock light up, only one bulb would come on for low beam. High beam, both bulbs. So I took the bulb that stayed on and put it in the socket where the low beam turns off. Same result. When I put it back in other socket it worked fine. So, two bulbs one socket, (ha-ha).
I was thinking that on the older bikes with passing lamps would turn off when high beams went on, this might be the same principal. Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
Check the headlight plugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts